Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I must say I'm really looking forward to the S197 'stang. With Ford improving power worldwide as well as going racing in such a big way, the S197 should be one hell of a car.. :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big isn't. I like the driving position of the Au and being able to see the road surface over the short bonnet. A small buldge would be good but not that big

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hmmmm 400Hp 4.6 V8 Supercharged, thats ford power. Good thing as well is it will be buyable unlike the Cobra R Mustang that is only a limited run. "I guess i'll have to get the model instead :rolleyes:".

Well be good if Ford Australia will bring these baby's in, a nice upgrade from the 240kw we now have. I think that guarentee that the Ford will win the muscle car war.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I can understand why they will blow it, coz it costs too much to put in the 5.4L. But what if the ls6 gets blown or heaven forbit the Viper v10. What im trying to say is ford are taking the easy option and puting a blower in without fixing the real problem. I wouldnt say problem but i think they should have originally opted for the 5.4L and saved having to do all this. what do you guys think?

·
Autralian Ford Member
35 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Hmmmm 400Hp 4.6 V8 Supercharged, thats ford power... I think that guarentee that the Ford will win the muscle car war.
Eh? :D

Daaaamn, supercharged V8, i love the theory, but i'd be looking at more than 400HP! :eek: :)

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
What ever happened to the Mussy sharing the floorpan of the new generation Falcon...didn't eventuate?
Pity, that would have meant that there'd be no reason not to have any of the same mechanicals and go fast gear.
Russell.
Looks good BTW

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Rastus said:
What ever happened to the Mussy sharing the floorpan of the new generation Falcon...didn't eventuate?
From memory that's going to be the 2005-6 all new falcon.. based on the DEW-98 platform. I think the new '03 mussie will be on this platform but I'm not too sure.. :confused:

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Ford Man said:

From memory that's going to be the 2005-6 all new falcon.. based on the DEW-98 platform. I think the new '03 mussie will be on this platform but I'm not too sure.. :confused:
Thanks for the insight FM! I wonder if that means that the next gen Falcon is going to be a localised Lincoln or hopefully, the Lincoln will actually be a Ford Aus variant?
My guess is the first :(
Or maybe the world car thing won't be like that and they'll make the cars in parallel, both the US Lincoln AND the Aussie Falc.
:rolleyes: Russell.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Ford Man said:

Yeah pretty much. From what I understand the Mussy won't be built on exactly the same platform as the Lincoln, the Lincoln will be based on DEW-98, which includes JAG S-TYPE and others, whereas the Mustang and possibly Falcon will be on a variant of the DEW-98, called DEW-98 lite....whoah:rolleyes: A shorter and not as expensive platform. I'm sure both platform will accomodate AWD too.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Rastus said:
Or maybe the world car thing won't be like that and they'll make the cars in parallel, both the US Lincoln AND the Aussie Falc.
:rolleyes: Russell.
I was reading an article somewhere that said the Fairlane may make a comeback in the states. Stuffed if I can remember, but I think it said that the US Fairlane would be based on our Oz Fairlane and localised for the US Market. They would share design costs between Oz and the US. Might be a lead in for a US Falcon at a later date?? Wishfull thinking I know..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
Mustang and possibly Falcon will be on a variant of the DEW-98, called DEW-98 lite....whoah:rolleyes: A shorter and not as expensive platform. I'm sure both platform will accomodate AWD too.
They're saying that the DEW-98 is too expensive for the Mussie and the Falcon so they were going to do the chop shop on it to save costs for the cheaper cars.
I just hope it's as good as the current Falcon platform 'cause if it's not, we're going to have a dodgy platform with (possibly) an under powered V6 in years ahead. Yippee.. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts