Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought a ford ranger with 187k miles on it, thought about having a turbo and cold air intake installed at a autoshop, wanted opinions if 1.its worth it or it should last a long time 2. Prices on how much those installments would cost seperatly. Truck runs great for the miles, although it doesn't seem to have as much power as my 4.0l V6 vortex Chevy s10, it has exhaust mods that I didn't install but I thought it was worth asking about.

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
Before diving into the expense, I'd suggest considering a rebuild of the engine due to the high mileage, and looking into the transmission and rear axle. Not sure to what extent you're going to boost it, stock, the truck was rated for 148 Hp and 185 ft-lbs of torque. The 4.0 was rated for 207\238. The drive train is probably rated for the 4.0, so you can probably easily boost that far, but if you're looking to go beyond that, you'll have to take this into consideration. As far as getting it done separately, it'll cost you more in the end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
CatSkinner
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing