Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Christmas Cruise & Dinner - Review!!

thanks dave and bron a well enjoyed day at short notice you both have done very well. sorry for skipping dinner but rita felt very unwell after the tour i think the heat got to her so we just headed off home anyway it was good to meet all of you and we will look forward to a few more cruises so we can get to know everyone a bit better cheers all and have MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE NEW YEAR

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Re: 2004 christmas party

Yes Dave

Awesome cruise, thanks heaps, pitty it was too hot for the TS, but at least I got to play with the xr

Damm hot though, and thanks for waiting for us in the morning, u know what Jeffs like.... had to wax and all!!

Pitty those that put their names down didnt turn up!

At least we will know not to invite them on the next one

My head is also very red, bloody sunburn....

Merry Christmas and safe new year

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

Yeah jeff you bloody mongrel got me in trouble with the missus!!!!

Next time jeff can you get your bikini line waxed during the week???

Great to catch up with you all and have a yak, kicking myself all day yesterday that I couldnt make it to PI glad to hear it was a good day.

Again, Merry Christmas to all, have fun and above all, be safe.

·
Own the road
984 Posts
Re: FordForums 2004 Christmas Cruise - 18th December

Well done dave, a big thumbs up.
It was a great day and once again we were all let down by the number of no shows.

If you commit to coming you should come, 'cause these events take alot of time to organise and it doesn't look good for the forums if we book dinner for 40 people and only 15 people turn up. The turn out was discusting and all the people that said they will come and didn't should hang their heads in shame.

I have 53 pics which I will be uploading very soon.

·
Own the road
984 Posts

Click HERE for my pics.

These are low res and a bit darker then the high res shots. if you want a copy of a high res shot PM me and I will send it to you.

·
Own the road
984 Posts

It was a great day, well done Dave and Bron

Luckily the Police were not pricks, they just gave us a bit of advice ....
SLOW DOWN

Some pics HERE

The pics are low res and a bit darker then the high res shots.
if anyone wants a high res shot, let me know and I will send it to you.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hehe from my self and my Family as well as the people to whom I invited along, we all had a fantastic time and can't wait to do the next fordforums.com cruise.

A Very big Thank You to John Roth GTP320 and his lovely wife Carol for making us aware of the curise and inviting us along

( Due to work I had'nt had time to get on and read the forum's)

Regards
Wayne, Kathy, Timothy, Justyne, Scott and Corey

BluePrintXR6

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts

Wanted to go on this cruise but work has been flat out for the last few months before chrissy, Phillip Island is a good drive and the missus hadnt been there yet. Bad to see those who put their name down then didnt show, makes it hard for the organisers who make a booking then only half show up, resteraunt owners dont like it

Was this ugly bloke the winner of the motorbike race?

Attachments

·
Own the road
984 Posts

After seeing my pics, you might be wandering what the Cops were doing there.

Well a motorised reported that a couple of cars that were involved in the cruise were drag racing, the occused was breath tested and we all were given a warning. No fines were issued. lucky for us all, the cops were not pricks, just trying to keep the roads safe for everyone.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts

Well done to Dave and Bron , a great day, maybe a bit too hot and uncomfortable at times with the flies lol The BBQ was good and it was also great tp see the Philip Is Raceway especially the behind the scene's which you normally dont get to see, also great to catch up with FordForums members.Great pics too there Goran. Merry Xmas and a safe New Year....till then
Cheers John

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts

Hi all. Hope you all had a great time. Sorry to hear about the lack of numbers. I noticed that I was on the list right to the end of this thread, and I am quite sure I DID post a while back that I couldnt come over for the cruise...in fact I never posted that I would be going in the first place.

I would have LOVED to have been there, but this weekend was out (I just paid a bunch of speeding fines) and as it turns out Ive been crook anyway.

Anyway, I hope you all had fun, and to those who didnt turn up, well I can assure you, if I lived in Vic, *I* wouldnt have wasted the opportunity!

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Dang sounds like I missed a great day. Next time I will be there. Make sure I won't be working. Once again the curse of the pikers occurs. Guys if you don't want to go just don't put your name down, saves everyone a lot of hassle.

·
13.2sec BA XR8.Bolt ons
49 Posts
Greeting from Myself and Keith with the white AU3 Pursuit ute. We would just like to say a big thanks to every one involved. It was a great day and we enjoyed ourselfs greatly. It was a Big shame that so many people didnt turn up.

Anyways thanks again...............Kev

·
13.2sec BA XR8.Bolt ons
49 Posts

myte8 said:
Click HERE for my pics.

These are low res and a bit darker then the high res shots. if you want a copy of a high res shot PM me and I will send it to you.

Great Pic's,
Thanks for posting them so quick. i cant wait to see all the video footage and pics on a cd. It will be great. I know some of the pics I took where of my dads car and my mate's ute but I was under orders. We are getting some stuff made up for x-mas with the pics.So who ever makes the cd can leave alot of them off it.

Cheers..........KEV................GO FORD

·
Own the road
984 Posts
There was meant to be 40 people at the dinner, only 15 showed up.

Very dissapointing turn out, but it meant that my odds of winning something was better and I ended up with a very nice cap :)

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
I've only just woken up from sleep no2 so I'll keep this short.

Huge thanks to Dave, Bron and everyone who actually showed up. It was a huge day and an even bigger dinner. I'll post later when I wake up a bit more!

Merry Christmas everybody!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hello to you all again now im trying to put names to faces and the one that eludes me is laminge ???? so help me out on this one. and also can anybody advice me on the best way to my pics on here cheers greg

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
What a busy day! Correction, what a brilliant day.

Thankyou Dave and Bron and to anyone else who helped to create this day, numbers were down, heat was up....but it was still a blast.

Another big thankyou to Goran who gave me a lift again in his TE50, it is always fun going for a ride in one of them!

As for the sunburn....well....I expected there to be shade somewhere!!! It's okay though, it doesn't hurt too much.

To those who put their names down and didn't turn up to the dinner without even given a reason all I can say is you have a lot of apologising to do to Dave who went to so much time and effort just to be fobbed off. Disgraceful really.

Hopefully one day we can get a cruise where everyone whose name is on the final list actually bothers to turn up.

Once again though, congrats to Dave and Bron on a brilliant cruise.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
venomXR6 said:
hello to you all again now im trying to put names to faces and the one that eludes me is laminge ????
This is the bloke you're after...

Had a fantastic time. Thanks to Dave and Bron for organising this cruise, and putting in so much of their time towards it. Mate you really know how to put on a cruise! Can't wait for the NYE party!
Thanks to everyone for showing up and behaving on the roads.

Thanks for those pics Goran!

Now to get some more sleep in and put something on that sun burn!

Out of the 200+ pictures I took for the day (which I'll post tomorrow when I finish uploading them) these two are my favs.

xbwgn: If you want the full sized shots, let me know mate and I'll e-mail them to you.

Attachments

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Dave and all his helpers had a great day we really enjoyed it.
loved Phillip Island race track its amazing how much of the track you can see from most veiwing points...not just like one corner....Hey Rodderz that ugly bloke you got there in your post he is up on your toilet wall :wank: ..lol..
the guys putting up pics thanks also...
Goran yours look awsome click click..
who invited those 2 white commodores ?
John i need that pic of me on my new yellow car.
left PI this morning was a lot cooler than yesterday...
-------
how many cars didnt turn up ?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts