Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 04 Navigator and when I turn on lights there is NO backlight for any buttons inside (window switches, door lock/unlock, ac/heat etc).

Is there a fuse for this that might be dead or..?

It's a long weekend so I'd like to fix it, if possible, instead of waiting until Tuesday to see the dealer (they'll fix it for free since I just got the vehicle there).

Thanks!

·
Always the student
1,739 Posts
Do you have dash light on the instrument panel? If not, have you checked the control on the dash. It regulates the lights on the dash like a dimmer. Also, just check all fuses. This can be done in just a minute or two with a cheap tester.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the lights on the dash (cluster) are on, dimmer works fine too.

I understand that there is no backlight on the commands located on the center console (for all windows) but buttons for ac/heat and on doors (lock/unlock) do have backlight - so those are the ones that are not working.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked list of the fuses but I can't find one that could cause this and nothing else. I tried changing #6 but that didn't help.

The only place where these fuses are is on the passenger side (right)?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feels like I'm talking to myself but someone might know more.. :)

I checked all fuses today (ones under glove box) and there are 4-5 that don't work but I tried changing one with a new one and it still didn't work. I tried with the car off and running and same thing happened.

They either don't do anything or only work when something is activated..no idea.

·
Registered
36 Posts
sorry late response...holiday and all-not sure if you have gotten it fix.
your center console where the window switch is not a bulb...its LED based. Very odd to see one burn out. If everything else works then, it might be a lose LED, open that area up and see. Use a volt meter and measure the voltage. I'll post a wire diagram, sometime today, currently not at my home office.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts