Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '04 Navigator with 110K. at first fill up I was just above E and put about 17 gallons in before it clicked off and a few ounces gushed out of the filler neck. I had heard of things like this happening due to a bad check valve or something so I didn't try to add more. I was surprised to see that the fuel gauge was at/near F when I started it up, I thought this truck had a 28 gal tank. Second fill up it clicked off at 17 gallons but no spill. third time 16 gallons with a small spill. I tried adding more gas at very low rate but the filler neck just filled up to the top. I thought I heard about a recall somewhere, but couldn't find anything.

I want to get this fixed so I can actually get 28 gallons in the tank, or is the gauge wrong and it still has 10 gallons in it when I think its empty? What should I look at?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update:
After several bottles of seafoam and several tanks, I now get about 21 gallons in before it clicks off, and I have not had any spit back since the third fillup. When it clicks once i continue to fill slowly for a little more. I think that it is the sending unit just reading empty when there is still 7 or 8 gallons in there. Someday ill keep driving past E and see how far i get before it dies, but for the time being i will just keep adding cleaner. I am going to try the Techron today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts