Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently just picked up a ba falcon and when i went to put it into tiptronic the dash says performance and then when I down shift and up shift it just switches between adaptive and performance without actually going through any gears. Though when I drive the car normally in either mode it still shifts by itself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, how should I go about fixing this? would it be best to take it into a ford dealership or is it easy enough to go about it myself?

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
If you can use a screwdriver, you should be able to check and fix it yourself. The factory workshop manual has detailed instructions and it's not difficult. You can download the Ford Factory from https://www.motorcraftservice.com for the 72 hours (more than enough time) $21.95 subscription fee. Just note that if a section number is missing in the downloaded manual it means that bit of the manual is unchanged from the previous model(s) so you need to also download those sections that relate to the previous model(s). Section 307-05 (most of it regarding how to disassemble, inspect, replace and install ) and 307-01 ( a few relevant diagnostic bits) have all you need for this issue. If you don't already have a good code reader and OBD II Ford programmer, also get the full windows version of the Forscan software from What's new and a USB (the bluetooth and wifi ones are painfully slow to use to the point of being impractical) ELM327 with a Ford switch ( e.g. Forscan ELM327 USB Scanner OBD2 OBDII Diagnostic Tool With Switch For Ford Mazda | eBay ) .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts