Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions as to where to look next for a problem with the fog lights not working? I checked the fuse and it is ok, put in a new one just to be sure. Fog lights appear to be ok and intact, wiring is ok coming out of lights. Not sure where to look next.

·
Super Moderator
21,566 Posts
On a lot of cars over here , they only operate on dip / low beam . Dont know if this applies .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are correct, the manual states they won't work on high beam so I verified they were on low and fog lights didn't work. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,566 Posts
Not trying to be cheeky , but you are pulling out switch / bulbs o.k ? I had that with a customer years ago .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the switch works ok as I can feel it move in and out like it is supposed to. I did not remove the bulbs and check them as I figured both would not burn out at the same time. I will check them both tomorrow.

The little light next to the Fog Light symbol on the dial does not light when I pull the selector out so I figured something else is wrong. Maybe that little indicator only comes on if the Fogs are on but I can't see how they would light that little indicator light but I am not an electrical wizard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did check both fuse #31 and the fog lamp 50A relay. Both looked good but I replaced both of them anyway. Lights still don't work..

·
Always the student
1,739 Posts
If it were mine, I'd pull a bulb and test it and the bulb socket. If no power, unplug the switch and check with a volt/ohm meter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping to get some idea on wherw to check next.. I have a 2004 Ford Explorer and my fog lights decided not to come on anymore. Ive replaced the bulbs, checked fuses and relays under the hood and still nothing.. What should i do next?

·
Super Moderator
21,566 Posts
This post is 10 yrs old , really better to start a new one . Check the switch .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts