Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 2006 F150 5.4l keeps shutting off on me. When I prime the fuel system is has the proper fuel pressure but as soon as I start the truck up the fuel pressure slowly drops. If I step on the gas the truck with shut itself off unless I let back off the throttle and the fuel pressure keeps slowly dropping. It's almost as if there is a sensor not telling the truck when I'm stepping on the gas because the truck will stay at around 8psi of pressure and just barely stay running if I let it idle. It's got two codes, P0191 for fuel rail pressure sensor out of range and P0451 for Evap system pressure out of range.

I've just been throwing parts at it over the past 6 months, it's got a new Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, Fuel Pump, Fuel Pump Driver Module and Fuel Filter. No fuses are blown and the Fuel Pump Inertia Switch isn't triggered.

I have no idea whats going on and this truck is driving me crazy, I suck at electrical diagnosis. Does anybody have any idea where I should start looking? Has anybody had this problem before?

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Check the connectors for the fuel pressure sensor, if they're corroded/oxidized, you may be losing signal, verify the wiring to it is in good condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts