Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 V10 F250 that's started having A/C problems a couple months back.
What it has started doing is when you crank the A/C up all the way through the vents and recirculation is on while driving, it will automatically switch to defrost. Then, leaving the A/C cranked all the way up with it still being on vent mode, I will just raise the temperature up to about 80-85 degrees. Then it will automatically switch itself back to the vents. I can lower the temp down to about 68-73 to get colder temps but if I put the temp down to 60 it will switch itself back to defrost.

Does this sound like a vacuum problem or something within the climate control module? This is a King Ranch with a LED screen on the climate control module.

The A/C doesn't feel as cold as it used to either but I did buy a recharge kit at the store and the gauge read in the yellow, which in the directions said that if it's in the yellow or green you don't need to fill it with anymore refrigerant....I added a little to it to try to get it into the green. Does anyone have any clue as to what might be going on? I'm lost.....and I don't know much about auto mechanics.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
I would start by checking and/or replacing the vacuum lines.If they are original, it's time they got changed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up taking it in to our local Ford dealership and one of the vacuum hoses came disconnected. I can't be without my air conditioner whitening when it has been 106 degrees out!

Simple as that. Don't know what they'll charge me yet?!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts