Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 Ranger(4x4) in November of 05' and after a few months the underbody is rusting badly.. have yet to take it 4x4ing. I did lots of research on rustproofing and 90% of feedback said not to get it, it's not necessary. Is this problem fixable in the early stages.. or is the damage done already?? Are you guys rustrproofing your trucks??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this the Frame or the Truck itself? I have an 05 that was really rusted on the frame. The more off road I do the less rust there is. Also driving it in snowstorms helped.

U

·
0 Posts
Noble Lumpkin said:
Is this the Frame or the Truck itself? I have an 05 that was really rusted on the frame. The more off road I do the less rust there is. Also driving it in snowstorms helped.

It is the frame, in the wheelwells, the diff as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's just surface rust, don't worry about it. Too late to get it undercoated or rustproofed though, or you'll just seal that stuff in. I did get my Sport Trac undercoated. Both Rangers I had before did get rust pretty quickly on the lower seam of the tailgate and doors, I had it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AllIN said:
I bought a 2006 Ranger(4x4) in November of 05' and after a few months the underbody is rusting badly.. have yet to take it 4x4ing. I did lots of research on rustproofing and 90% of feedback said not to get it, it's not necessary. Is this problem fixable in the early stages.. or is the damage done already?? Are you guys rustrproofing your trucks??
greetings- that aint good news! I bought a 06 ranger last month. I did crawl underneath and noticed it wasnt undercoated- it did have some type of flat green primer on it- whats that? I too wondered if I should undercoat it.
wayne in ohio

·
Registered
214 Posts
waynekog said:
I did crawl underneath and noticed it wasnt undercoated- it did have some type of flat green primer on it- whats that?
It's flat green primer. Seriously, if you plan on keeping it for a while I'd at least get it undercoated if not rustproofed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is nothing serious. All trucks have some surface rust on the driveshift, diff case etc.

If you wanted to, you could have the whole underside sand blasted to get all that rust off there, then prime and undercoated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts