Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When trying to to start the relay clicks but she wont turn over. The anti theft is working properly, I tried with a jumper, fuses are good, I'm getting power to everything.
I got it from my brother, he said he ran it low on oil. I got it for next to nothing just for the new winter tires on rims. Thought I'd try to get it started.
There was still a bit of oil on the dip stick so he didn't run it totally dry.

Any info helps thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,081 Posts
First thing I'd do is see if the crank turns (by hand). Disconnect the battery, pull the plugs (and inspect) and try turniong it over with a wrench on the crank shaft.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing I'd do is see if the crank turns (by hand). Disconnect the battery, pull the plugs (and inspect) and try turniong it over with a wrench on the crank shaft.
I popped the plugs poured in some oil and stp oil treatment let her set for a few hours. And to my surprised the crank turned quite easily with a small wrench. I'm going to let the oil set a few days to let it penetrate good before changing it out. Also going to change the plugs while I got them out. It looked pretty clean inside the plug holes.

He said it didn't stop running while driving he parked it. So I don't know what he means by "I blew it up" I don't see any evidence of a blow up engine. Just a neglected one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts