Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with the body lift I installed on Ford Explorer Sport trac 4x4 2007 2.5" body lift

After personally installing the body lift, I took to a shop to get an alignment. The first shop notified me that I needed new adjustable control arms ( should not if under 3") also said It was a dead end to keep the truck as the entire undercarriage was going faulty 10k worth of damages. I then took it to an off-roading shop where they too could not align it and said best bet is to take the lift off. Finally I went to a small town body shop where they told me the lug nuts were the only issue and replaced them with better threaded lugs, replaced the control arms and charged $800.

I am curious as if I should remove the lift for the protection of myself and others and if anyone else has had a similar issues? I want to believe it is great to drive from the 3rd shop, it seems fine, but need some confirmation.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Well... anytime you lift a truck, you raise the center of gravity, so there's that. But 2 1/2" should make that much of a difference. Not sure why the off road shop gave you that answer without specifics, the first shop should have itemized 10 grand. How much corrosion is there on the vehicle?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts