Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently noticed oil leaking onto the manifold and down into the "crevices" from what appears to be a missing, bolt, plug, or valve as the hole definitely has threads but nothing is inside. I have included some photos. Can anyone tell me what part is missing and what the problem may be? I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,315 Posts
You sure the oil is leaking from there and not above from gasket and running down ? Looks to me like an unused tapping that are common on all engines , some are for attaching lifting gear / brackets or other equipment dependant on model .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure but that is a great question. I will take a closer look and find out. I know that when the engine is running I can see oil bubbling in that hole. So I assumed it was coming from there. I have temporarily plugged it with a bolt that fit but I will do a closer inspection and see if it is coming from the gasket above. I will post an update once I have looked. Thank you again!!:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
20,315 Posts
Sometimes oil leaks can be hard to find the source and give you a bum steer . I found cleaning the surrounding area using the likes of an engine cleaner , brake cleaner aerosol or similar and then a coating of talc powder is a simple method of tracing the source . Sometimes works . Could be oil gathering there and heat of the engine causing bubbling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts