Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 COBRA
2007 COBRA

This Cobra was just shown in New York.

If Ford Australia have any balls the 2007 GT will have the same engine.

I mean the 07 cobra will have (now this may sound a bit familiar)

5.4 litre quad cam 4 valve per cylinder cast iron blockV8 mated to a six speed T-56.
Now for the different part it will be BLOWN AND MAKE 465hp.

Has the GT written all over it I reckon.

James.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
It would be damn awesome, but to be honest I'd be just as happy if FPV/Ford imported the Mustang.

Ford US should make the Shelby too, its bloody amazing.
 

·
Falcon AU XR8
Joined
·
36 Posts
I've been looking at the svt site at the new cobra.

Does anyone know what rev limit the engine is packing?

Is it the same BOSS engine we've got with a whipple supercharger on top???

Would these engines be cheaper to buy for ford Aus then to build them themselves as they've been doing with the BOSS, with the new trade agreement and all!!!!

Hopefully they've stregthened the whole engine and we see a rev limit increase to 6500+rpm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
boysssssss cubesssssssss get the booooooobssssssssssss...so holden will piss all over ford until ford can get something up and close to around 6L mark....lets face it...new ls2 commie will shit all over any stock ford of any kind...in australia that is!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Frontier Psychiatrist
Joined
·
18 Posts
The 2007 Australian Ford GT will be running a 5.4litre engine which burns 5.4 litres of oil per kilometer and runs 20litres to the kilometer. Also, it'll have 'premium brakes' meaning, super awesome fantastic drum brakes on all 4 wheels!!! It'll also be fitted with the latest plastic console and bleeding edge 'premium sound' which they'll charge you $20,000 for but only buy from Dick Smith for $100 - Yet seemingly everyone will still want to buy one... Go figure. :wank2:
 

·
New Car Kid
Joined
·
90 Posts
[Martin] said:
The 2007 Australian Ford GT will be running a 5.4litre engine which burns 5.4 litres of oil per kilometer and runs 20litres to the kilometer. Also, it'll have 'premium brakes' meaning, super awesome fantastic drum brakes on all 4 wheels!!! It'll also be fitted with the latest plastic console and bleeding edge 'premium sound' which they'll charge you $20,000 for but only buy from Dick Smith for $100 - Yet seemingly everyone will still want to buy one... Go figure. :wank2:
Martin, get out from between those brackets and have a good look around. This is AUSTRALIA, we pay an average of AU$60,000 for a Quad cam, 390 HP Grand-tourer which seats 5 in comfort, does a sub 14 second 1/4 mile, sounds awesome, and has, in many opinions, a ride quality comparable to many Euro's (refer Wheels XR6T tour of europe). And your worried about the build quality of a plastic trim or a sound system that has in your opinion "tiny wires, blah blah nun's bum blah blah" It's not like its comparable in PRICE to an Aston Martin Vanquish (US$250k) which also runs the T-56 box, or the AJV8 powered S/C Jaguar with a similar output engine -that also burns oil- (for AU$230k) 60 grand mate, settle down old son. :shh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
ivorya said:
I've been looking at the svt site at the new cobra.

Does anyone know what rev limit the engine is packing?

Is it the same BOSS engine we've got with a whipple supercharger on top???

Would these engines be cheaper to buy for ford Aus then to build them themselves as they've been doing with the BOSS, with the new trade agreement and all!!!!

Hopefully they've stregthened the whole engine and we see a rev limit increase to 6500+rpm.
The photos in the news section shows the tacho with a redline at 6000rpm, although the rev limiter maybe a bit higher. I heard from a guy I know at Product Engineering that they have been tested blown 5.4's for at least 18 months now, so they can't be too far away from release. I'd assume that when they get an auto that can handle the torque they will become available.
 

·
Frontier Psychiatrist
Joined
·
18 Posts
CAT600 said:
Martin, get out from between those brackets and have a good look around. This is AUSTRALIA, we pay an average of AU$60,000 for a Quad cam, 390 HP Grand-tourer which seats 5 in comfort, does a sub 14 second 1/4 mile, sounds awesome, and has, in many opinions, a ride quality comparable to many Euro's (refer Wheels XR6T tour of europe). And your worried about the build quality of a plastic trim or a sound system that has in your opinion "tiny wires, blah blah nun's bum blah blah" It's not like its comparable in PRICE to an Aston Martin Vanquish (US$250k) which also runs the T-56 box, or the AJV8 powered S/C Jaguar with a similar output engine -that also burns oil- (for AU$230k) 60 grand mate, settle down old son. :shh:
So let's see, the fact that "This is AUSTRALIA" is a full justification for Ford to produce crap? Because compared to a $250k~ car, it's damn good for the price? Pfft. You can buy an Audi car for around the same price which is absolutely pristine in quality, a BMW, hell, anything that isn't made here :p

Following your logic:
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the F6 had clutch problems?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the GT autos have reverse lag?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the sound system is a ripoff?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" fpv screw around all their customers?

Yep, that's right, we're in Australia, so that's full justification for producing crap, because it only costs $60k. :wank2: :wank2:
 

·
New Car Kid
Joined
·
90 Posts
[Martin] said:
So let's see, the fact that "This is AUSTRALIA" is a full justification for Ford to produce crap? Because compared to a $250k~ car, it's damn good for the price? Pfft. You can buy an Audi car for around the same price which is absolutely pristine in quality, a BMW, hell, anything that isn't made here :p

Following your logic:
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the F6 had clutch problems?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the GT autos have reverse lag?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the sound system is a ripoff?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" fpv screw around all their customers?

Yep, that's right, we're in Australia, so that's full justification for producing crap, because it only costs $60k. :wank2: :wank2:
:screwy: THEY DON'T PRODUCE CRAP, going by your logic, we should be able to buy Hyundai's for $13,990, with 200+kw, awesome sound systems, sleek/attractive, yet 100% versatile body design and faultless after-sales service, you don't seem to understand that ALL manufacturers build to a price, and for 60k, these cars are excellent value for money. Your one man with one opinion, the vast majority disagree with you, if you don't believe me, run a poll :stupid:
 

·
Frontier Psychiatrist
Joined
·
18 Posts
CAT600 said:
:screwy: THEY DON'T PRODUCE CRAP, going by your logic, we should be able to buy Hyundai's for $13,990, with 200+kw, awesome sound systems, sleek/attractive, yet 100% versatile body design and faultless after-sales service, you don't seem to understand that ALL manufacturers build to a price, and for 60k, these cars are excellent value for money. Your one man with one opinion, the vast majority disagree with you, if you don't believe me, run a poll :stupid:
Rubbish, absolute rubbish!

http://fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=69638&highlight=problem

"9 out of 10 people are unhappy"
 

·
New Car Kid
Joined
·
90 Posts
[Martin] said:
Rubbish, absolute rubbish!

http://fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=69638&highlight=problem

"9 out of 10 people are unhappy"
Your quote was made by one person, everybody on the same page said they were either "happy overall" or "very happy overall" what's your problem?, if you have an issue with Ford's build quality at a $60,000 price point, go and buy a 60K Audi/BMW, and report back in 12 months, and we'll see how happy you are with it's "performance" and wow factor, but for shit's sake, stop bitching about it, its not very constructive.
 

·
FF Moderator
Joined
·
2,202 Posts
OK fellas, Keep it friendly please.

Both of you have some valid points, but both of you are using extreme examples to make them. The Ford/FPV/Holden/HSV products are great, but they all do have their issues. You can achieve better 'quality' for the same money with some overseas products, but in most cases this will be at the expense of some excitement, performance and most importantly for some, not being apart of the great Australian car community that we all enjoy.

This a topic for another thread. If you wish to continue please do so in one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Well what else can FPV do?, yes they can make the next falcon lighter, but with the current trend, new models tend to always be heavier than the previous (EL to AU, VS to VT), and with the 6.2L V8 being cancelled, they really have no other choice. The rumoured 6.4L V10, i believe, is a load of crap. It will never be produced, all the high expectations we fans of ford have always tend to be lies and I'm sick of it, I'm not gonna believe Ford will have a 6.4L V10 unless its released.
A s/c V8 really wouldnt be a bad idea, clearly force induction sells (think XR6T). If Ford does release a s/c V8, then that'l be a tuners delight. Just add a chip and you'l see power rise for less than, what, 5 gran?
 

·
New Car Kid
Joined
·
90 Posts
McobraR said:
A s/c V8 really wouldnt be a bad idea, clearly force induction sells (think XR6T).
Plus, the market has been softened up (considerably) to forced induction Fords (Aussie muscle car spec.)I'm not sure that an FPV product with the '03 SVT Cobra (Blown 4.6) powertrain -for example- would have been well recieved initially, but now the XR6T/Typhoon has paved the way for F.I., who would knock back a GT/GT-HO with the '07 SVT Blown 5.4? :hy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just had a look at some more pictures of the GT500.MORE COBRA PICS

What do you think the chances are of Ford Aus importing it?

I know they didn't do too well last time they tried it but the Mustang they imported wasn't even too populor in the US this time it HUGE hit.

With reviews saying the 4.6litre GT is more than a match for the 6.0l GTO and priced at only 26000us (33000Au)....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
JamesRhadley said:
With reviews saying the 4.6litre GT is more than a match for the 6.0l GTO and priced at only 26000us (33000Au)....
The SVT cobra Ford oz imported was approx., what, $35000us? that should have been around $50000au, but that rose by $35000 to $85000, why? i dont kno, probably left-right hand conversion and the name.
My suggestion, import it yourself and you'll probably save heaps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
McobraR said:
The SVT cobra Ford oz imported was approx., what, $35000us? that should have been around $50000au, but that rose by $35000 to $85000, why? i dont kno, probably left-right hand conversion and the name.
My suggestion, import it yourself and you'll probably save heaps.

That was probably when the AU/US dollar was closer to .5 than the .8 that we are enjoying now. But you are right it was still a fair mark up. I would love to import one but it would probably be only worth while if you were going to wait three years buy one second hand and out of warranty.

My point is that there is deffinitly a market for the mustang here, all its competitors from america are here (except the vette different price bracket). The GTO, 350Z, RX8, S2000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
JamesRhadley said:
My point is that there is deffinitly a market for the mustang here, all its competitors from america are here (except the vette different price bracket). The GTO, 350Z, RX8, S2000.
I'm with you on that, but what are the chances of Ford oz bringing it here? And the price. If Ford could sell it here with a price tag of no more than $55000 (ok lets be realistic, $60000) then it might have a good chance in outselling the monaro. But again, 5.7L will always put out more power than a 4.6, even if its a 3v DOHC engine. And if the GENIV makes its way into a monaro, well, game over.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top