Ford Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
McobraR said:
I'm with you on that, but what are the chances of Ford oz bringing it here? And the price. If Ford could sell it here with a price tag of no more than $55000 (ok lets be realistic, $60000) then it might have a good chance in outselling the monaro. But again, 5.7L will always put out more power than a 4.6, even if its a 3v DOHC engine. And if the GENIV makes its way into a monaro, well, game over.
Sorry dont agree with you on that one. Check this out -->GTO vs GT
The Monaro in the US already has the 6L V8 is 10000 us dollars more (35000us vs 25000us) expensive and the mustang is still a better car. Now imagine how the evenly priced Shelby GT500 would compare against the Monaro now THAT is game over........

·
Registered
30 Posts
JamesRhadley said:
Sorry dont agree with you on that one. Check this out -->GTO vs GT
The Monaro in the US already has the 6L V8 is 10000 us dollars more (35000us vs 25000us) expensive and the mustang is still a better car. Now imagine how the evenly priced Shelby GT500 would compare against the Monaro now THAT is game over........
Yep seen that article b4 i think, tru the mustang is a better car, i've had no doubts about that, but 6L just sounds more convincing than a small 4.6L. True, competitors like the 350z and RX8 have less than 4L's. But the fact that the Monaro is still the best selling sports coupe in oz shows that displacement, looks and features sell.
Yes i can imagine that beast and a half shelby ripping the goat to shreds, but how much would it cost? In america they're the same, but here, it'll prob cost about $90000. If the monaro in oz ever does get that GENIV, it'll cost, what? no more than $65000, and it doesnt have a blower. spend the extra dosh on a blower, and you'll have a KILLER. If Ford can somehow undercut the price to around $65000, then yeh I'm with you, Game Over!

·
Registered
170 Posts
The previous mustang was pretty much rebuilt by tickford before it hit the road. It wasn't just a matter of changing the side the steering wheel was on... That is why they cost so much when they hit the road. They were low volume hero cars that ford spent too much getting on the road, then they had to recover those costs.

The new Stang is a much better car to start with and i'm with everyone else in saying that I'd love to see ford oz bring it over here, however quoting comparisons by yank magazines should be frought with caution. From all the articles I've read in R & T, car and Driver etc - Yanks appreciate different things in their cars - They tend to appreciate cars that err on the comfort side of handling, so when they say it handles "really well", by the time the car gets here, you can normally bet the aussie press will write something like "It handles well if you like driving in a straight line"...

The last mustangs were stiffer in the body than the american ones and had different suspension settings and STILL apprently handled like boats.

My suggestion is for ford to bring a couple over and give them to a few outside tuners / converters and see what it'll cost THEM to get them right (somewhere like the 911 / Viper Factory, then sell them through fpv dealers as endorsed products. keeps Ford's development costs down but still gets them into showrooms with factory backed warranties and service / parts backup...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mabey now that the Falcon Gets the auto, we will see the engine come into play.

Reduced weight, will happen with the new gearbox, plus the weight down on the new engine. I also think the falcon will reduce its weight over the whole range. Plus more power this baby would be a beast.

I dont care what they call it just make one.

Ford have been tied up with the territory, now there got more time with the falcon to improve her.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts