Ford Forums banner

2007 Gt Could it be Be Blown

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  DJM 
#1 ·
2007 COBRA
2007 COBRA

This Cobra was just shown in New York.

If Ford Australia have any balls the 2007 GT will have the same engine.

I mean the 07 cobra will have (now this may sound a bit familiar)

5.4 litre quad cam 4 valve per cylinder cast iron blockV8 mated to a six speed T-56.
Now for the different part it will be BLOWN AND MAKE 465hp.

Has the GT written all over it I reckon.

James.

#4 ·
I've been looking at the svt site at the new cobra.

Does anyone know what rev limit the engine is packing?

Is it the same BOSS engine we've got with a whipple supercharger on top???

Would these engines be cheaper to buy for ford Aus then to build them themselves as they've been doing with the BOSS, with the new trade agreement and all!!!!

Hopefully they've stregthened the whole engine and we see a rev limit increase to 6500+rpm.

#5 ·
boysssssss cubesssssssss get the booooooobssssssssssss...so holden will piss all over ford until ford can get something up and close to around 6L mark....lets face it...new ls2 commie will shit all over any stock ford of any kind...in australia that is!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
The 2007 Australian Ford GT will be running a 5.4litre engine which burns 5.4 litres of oil per kilometer and runs 20litres to the kilometer. Also, it'll have 'premium brakes' meaning, super awesome fantastic drum brakes on all 4 wheels!!! It'll also be fitted with the latest plastic console and bleeding edge 'premium sound' which they'll charge you $20,000 for but only buy from Dick Smith for $100 - Yet seemingly everyone will still want to buy one... Go figure. :wank2:

#7 ·
[Martin] said:
The 2007 Australian Ford GT will be running a 5.4litre engine which burns 5.4 litres of oil per kilometer and runs 20litres to the kilometer. Also, it'll have 'premium brakes' meaning, super awesome fantastic drum brakes on all 4 wheels!!! It'll also be fitted with the latest plastic console and bleeding edge 'premium sound' which they'll charge you $20,000 for but only buy from Dick Smith for $100 - Yet seemingly everyone will still want to buy one... Go figure. :wank2:
Martin, get out from between those brackets and have a good look around. This is AUSTRALIA, we pay an average of AU$60,000 for a Quad cam, 390 HP Grand-tourer which seats 5 in comfort, does a sub 14 second 1/4 mile, sounds awesome, and has, in many opinions, a ride quality comparable to many Euro's (refer Wheels XR6T tour of europe). And your worried about the build quality of a plastic trim or a sound system that has in your opinion "tiny wires, blah blah nun's bum blah blah" It's not like its comparable in PRICE to an Aston Martin Vanquish (US$250k) which also runs the T-56 box, or the AJV8 powered S/C Jaguar with a similar output engine -that also burns oil- (for AU$230k) 60 grand mate, settle down old son. :shh:

#8 ·
ivorya said:
I've been looking at the svt site at the new cobra.

Does anyone know what rev limit the engine is packing?

Is it the same BOSS engine we've got with a whipple supercharger on top???

Would these engines be cheaper to buy for ford Aus then to build them themselves as they've been doing with the BOSS, with the new trade agreement and all!!!!

Hopefully they've stregthened the whole engine and we see a rev limit increase to 6500+rpm.
The photos in the news section shows the tacho with a redline at 6000rpm, although the rev limiter maybe a bit higher. I heard from a guy I know at Product Engineering that they have been tested blown 5.4's for at least 18 months now, so they can't be too far away from release. I'd assume that when they get an auto that can handle the torque they will become available.

#9 ·
CAT600 said:
Martin, get out from between those brackets and have a good look around. This is AUSTRALIA, we pay an average of AU$60,000 for a Quad cam, 390 HP Grand-tourer which seats 5 in comfort, does a sub 14 second 1/4 mile, sounds awesome, and has, in many opinions, a ride quality comparable to many Euro's (refer Wheels XR6T tour of europe). And your worried about the build quality of a plastic trim or a sound system that has in your opinion "tiny wires, blah blah nun's bum blah blah" It's not like its comparable in PRICE to an Aston Martin Vanquish (US$250k) which also runs the T-56 box, or the AJV8 powered S/C Jaguar with a similar output engine -that also burns oil- (for AU$230k) 60 grand mate, settle down old son. :shh:
So let's see, the fact that "This is AUSTRALIA" is a full justification for Ford to produce crap? Because compared to a $250k~ car, it's damn good for the price? Pfft. You can buy an Audi car for around the same price which is absolutely pristine in quality, a BMW, hell, anything that isn't made here :p

Following your logic:
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the F6 had clutch problems?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the GT autos have reverse lag?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the sound system is a ripoff?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" fpv screw around all their customers?

Yep, that's right, we're in Australia, so that's full justification for producing crap, because it only costs $60k. :wank2: :wank2:

#10 ·
[Martin] said:
So let's see, the fact that "This is AUSTRALIA" is a full justification for Ford to produce crap? Because compared to a $250k~ car, it's damn good for the price? Pfft. You can buy an Audi car for around the same price which is absolutely pristine in quality, a BMW, hell, anything that isn't made here :p

Following your logic:
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the F6 had clutch problems?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the GT autos have reverse lag?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" the sound system is a ripoff?
Because "This is AUSTRALIA" fpv screw around all their customers?

Yep, that's right, we're in Australia, so that's full justification for producing crap, because it only costs $60k. :wank2: :wank2:
:screwy: THEY DON'T PRODUCE CRAP, going by your logic, we should be able to buy Hyundai's for $13,990, with 200+kw, awesome sound systems, sleek/attractive, yet 100% versatile body design and faultless after-sales service, you don't seem to understand that ALL manufacturers build to a price, and for 60k, these cars are excellent value for money. Your one man with one opinion, the vast majority disagree with you, if you don't believe me, run a poll :stupid:

#11 ·
CAT600 said:
:screwy: THEY DON'T PRODUCE CRAP, going by your logic, we should be able to buy Hyundai's for $13,990, with 200+kw, awesome sound systems, sleek/attractive, yet 100% versatile body design and faultless after-sales service, you don't seem to understand that ALL manufacturers build to a price, and for 60k, these cars are excellent value for money. Your one man with one opinion, the vast majority disagree with you, if you don't believe me, run a poll :stupid:
Rubbish, absolute rubbish!

http://fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=69638&highlight=problem

"9 out of 10 people are unhappy"

#12 ·
[Martin] said:
Rubbish, absolute rubbish!

http://fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=69638&highlight=problem

"9 out of 10 people are unhappy"
Your quote was made by one person, everybody on the same page said they were either "happy overall" or "very happy overall" what's your problem?, if you have an issue with Ford's build quality at a $60,000 price point, go and buy a 60K Audi/BMW, and report back in 12 months, and we'll see how happy you are with it's "performance" and wow factor, but for shit's sake, stop bitching about it, its not very constructive.

#13 · (Edited)
OK fellas, Keep it friendly please.

Both of you have some valid points, but both of you are using extreme examples to make them. The Ford/FPV/Holden/HSV products are great, but they all do have their issues. You can achieve better 'quality' for the same money with some overseas products, but in most cases this will be at the expense of some excitement, performance and most importantly for some, not being apart of the great Australian car community that we all enjoy.

This a topic for another thread. If you wish to continue please do so in one.

#15 ·
Well what else can FPV do?, yes they can make the next falcon lighter, but with the current trend, new models tend to always be heavier than the previous (EL to AU, VS to VT), and with the 6.2L V8 being cancelled, they really have no other choice. The rumoured 6.4L V10, i believe, is a load of crap. It will never be produced, all the high expectations we fans of ford have always tend to be lies and I'm sick of it, I'm not gonna believe Ford will have a 6.4L V10 unless its released.
A s/c V8 really wouldnt be a bad idea, clearly force induction sells (think XR6T). If Ford does release a s/c V8, then that'l be a tuners delight. Just add a chip and you'l see power rise for less than, what, 5 gran?

#16 ·
McobraR said:
A s/c V8 really wouldnt be a bad idea, clearly force induction sells (think XR6T).
Plus, the market has been softened up (considerably) to forced induction Fords (Aussie muscle car spec.)I'm not sure that an FPV product with the '03 SVT Cobra (Blown 4.6) powertrain -for example- would have been well recieved initially, but now the XR6T/Typhoon has paved the way for F.I., who would knock back a GT/GT-HO with the '07 SVT Blown 5.4? :hy:

#17 ·
Just had a look at some more pictures of the GT500.MORE COBRA PICS

What do you think the chances are of Ford Aus importing it?

I know they didn't do too well last time they tried it but the Mustang they imported wasn't even too populor in the US this time it HUGE hit.

With reviews saying the 4.6litre GT is more than a match for the 6.0l GTO and priced at only 26000us (33000Au)....

#18 ·
JamesRhadley said:
With reviews saying the 4.6litre GT is more than a match for the 6.0l GTO and priced at only 26000us (33000Au)....
The SVT cobra Ford oz imported was approx., what, $35000us? that should have been around $50000au, but that rose by $35000 to $85000, why? i dont kno, probably left-right hand conversion and the name.
My suggestion, import it yourself and you'll probably save heaps.

#19 ·
McobraR said:
The SVT cobra Ford oz imported was approx., what, $35000us? that should have been around $50000au, but that rose by $35000 to $85000, why? i dont kno, probably left-right hand conversion and the name.
My suggestion, import it yourself and you'll probably save heaps.

That was probably when the AU/US dollar was closer to .5 than the .8 that we are enjoying now. But you are right it was still a fair mark up. I would love to import one but it would probably be only worth while if you were going to wait three years buy one second hand and out of warranty.

My point is that there is deffinitly a market for the mustang here, all its competitors from america are here (except the vette different price bracket). The GTO, 350Z, RX8, S2000.

#20 ·
JamesRhadley said:
My point is that there is deffinitly a market for the mustang here, all its competitors from america are here (except the vette different price bracket). The GTO, 350Z, RX8, S2000.
I'm with you on that, but what are the chances of Ford oz bringing it here? And the price. If Ford could sell it here with a price tag of no more than $55000 (ok lets be realistic, $60000) then it might have a good chance in outselling the monaro. But again, 5.7L will always put out more power than a 4.6, even if its a 3v DOHC engine. And if the GENIV makes its way into a monaro, well, game over.

#21 ·
McobraR said:
I'm with you on that, but what are the chances of Ford oz bringing it here? And the price. If Ford could sell it here with a price tag of no more than $55000 (ok lets be realistic, $60000) then it might have a good chance in outselling the monaro. But again, 5.7L will always put out more power than a 4.6, even if its a 3v DOHC engine. And if the GENIV makes its way into a monaro, well, game over.
Sorry dont agree with you on that one. Check this out -->GTO vs GT
The Monaro in the US already has the 6L V8 is 10000 us dollars more (35000us vs 25000us) expensive and the mustang is still a better car. Now imagine how the evenly priced Shelby GT500 would compare against the Monaro now THAT is game over........

#22 ·
JamesRhadley said:
Sorry dont agree with you on that one. Check this out -->GTO vs GT
The Monaro in the US already has the 6L V8 is 10000 us dollars more (35000us vs 25000us) expensive and the mustang is still a better car. Now imagine how the evenly priced Shelby GT500 would compare against the Monaro now THAT is game over........
Yep seen that article b4 i think, tru the mustang is a better car, i've had no doubts about that, but 6L just sounds more convincing than a small 4.6L. True, competitors like the 350z and RX8 have less than 4L's. But the fact that the Monaro is still the best selling sports coupe in oz shows that displacement, looks and features sell.
Yes i can imagine that beast and a half shelby ripping the goat to shreds, but how much would it cost? In america they're the same, but here, it'll prob cost about $90000. If the monaro in oz ever does get that GENIV, it'll cost, what? no more than $65000, and it doesnt have a blower. spend the extra dosh on a blower, and you'll have a KILLER. If Ford can somehow undercut the price to around $65000, then yeh I'm with you, Game Over!

#23 ·
The previous mustang was pretty much rebuilt by tickford before it hit the road. It wasn't just a matter of changing the side the steering wheel was on... That is why they cost so much when they hit the road. They were low volume hero cars that ford spent too much getting on the road, then they had to recover those costs.

The new Stang is a much better car to start with and i'm with everyone else in saying that I'd love to see ford oz bring it over here, however quoting comparisons by yank magazines should be frought with caution. From all the articles I've read in R & T, car and Driver etc - Yanks appreciate different things in their cars - They tend to appreciate cars that err on the comfort side of handling, so when they say it handles "really well", by the time the car gets here, you can normally bet the aussie press will write something like "It handles well if you like driving in a straight line"...

The last mustangs were stiffer in the body than the american ones and had different suspension settings and STILL apprently handled like boats.

My suggestion is for ford to bring a couple over and give them to a few outside tuners / converters and see what it'll cost THEM to get them right (somewhere like the 911 / Viper Factory, then sell them through fpv dealers as endorsed products. keeps Ford's development costs down but still gets them into showrooms with factory backed warranties and service / parts backup...

#24 ·
Mabey now that the Falcon Gets the auto, we will see the engine come into play.

Reduced weight, will happen with the new gearbox, plus the weight down on the new engine. I also think the falcon will reduce its weight over the whole range. Plus more power this baby would be a beast.

I dont care what they call it just make one.

Ford have been tied up with the territory, now there got more time with the falcon to improve her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.