Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I did an oil change and replaced the air filter. I ran it for a few minutes to check for leaks, then took it on a short drive. Everything seemed fine until I got about 10 minutes into that drive. I noticed that when taking my foot off the gas pedal I was still gaining speed (I had to constantly be on my brakes). After getting back and turning the car off/on again, the car initially idles to between 2000 and 2500 rpm, then drops down to 1500, and surges to about 1800 every so often. It won't drop any lower than 1500. Idle speed was about 700-800 rpm before, and I never had any issues. I can't seem to find any unplugged connections or loose hosing, so where should I start? What am I missing? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
I'd start by testing the Idle Air Control Valve.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yesterday I did an oil change and replaced the air filter. I ran it for a few minutes to check for leaks, then took it on a short drive. Everything seemed fine until I got about 10 minutes into that drive. I noticed that when taking my foot off the gas pedal I was still gaining speed (I had to constantly be on my brakes). After getting back and turning the car off/on again, the car initially idles to between 2000 and 2500 rpm, then drops down to 1500, and surges to about 1800 every so often. It won't drop any lower than 1500. Idle speed was about 700-800 rpm before, and I never had any issues. I can't seem to find any unplugged connections or loose hosing, so where should I start? What am I missing? Thanks.
Wow this exact same thing happened to my Escape about a month back as well. Took ig for an oil change and filter change, and when I was almost home, I was experiencing my car still accelerating without pressing the gas. I had to pull over and put the car in park to prevent the car from moving at a red light. Also when I turned the car on it was immediately revved up. It took about 15 minutes until I was about to start back normally. The next day I drove it 3 hours away with no issue. Have you found any answers about this issue?

·
Super Moderator
20,665 Posts
Check for any vac hose leaks or any that may have been dislodged .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts