Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am hoping someone can help me efficiently and accurately as I have searched far and wide called shops and dealerships to no avail,

Heres the issue at hand I have a 2008 Ford Escape Limited 3.0 V6 4WD ( Canada ) with a liftgate that will not lock or close properly, My course of action is to just replace the entire Liftgate Actuator, problem is I can only find 2009 Actuators none for 2008 not even Ford wants to answer my questions I have no idea what the part # is for the 2008 my question is. Will a Liftgate Actuator from a 2009 work for the 2008? Essentially the same vehicle minus the location of the handle to open the liftgate, I am at my wits end and I am hoping someone can assist me, thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
I can help you this far: There's a difference between the 2008 and 2009 lift gate actuator. I cannot find a source for the 2008, one placed declared it discontinued, but it did for the 2009-2012 as well. I do not know what the difference is or if the 09 can be modified to fit the 08. If you have pictures or if you have pulled it, perhaps pulling up the 09 and comparing the two, you might be able to tell if a modification can be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts