Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am having a very expensive problem with my Ford Fusion 2008. The emergency light come on for no reason at random when I am driving. Specifically, I mean on the dashboard, the triangular tire pressure light, the high beam light, the emergency brake light and the oil light turn on when I'm driving for no apparent reason. If I pull over for a few minutes and turn off the car and remove the key from the ignition, the problem goes away. Then I could be driving for an hour or so later in perfect conditions and it happens again. I have checked the oil, the tire pressure and emergency brakes and all is fine. At about the same time this problem started happening, the sound of my signal light became erratic. So on a normal day, whenever I signal to turn, the sound is not constant. It seems to skip a beat. This started happening about the same time the emergency light issue popped up- so I figure it must be connected. Also, when the emergency lights are on (oil, high beam, tire and brake lights) the signal light does not appear on the dash and there is not clicking sound. I have already spent $300 on replacing the ignition switch- did not solve the problem. Then I took it to the Ford Motor dealership and they charged me $1,250 to replace a part and the problem is still not solved! I left the car there and I am insisting that the problem be solved but they seem pretty inexperienced on how to fix it. Does anyone here know or have experience with this problem? Is it the Smart Junction Box?

·
Super Moderator
20,315 Posts
There were problems with the dash instrument clusters on that car and the Focus that caused faults similar to what you describe . Or perhaps this is what they have replaced already when they charged you $1,250 ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts