Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,
So i bought a 2008 MGM today, i pick it up on Wednesday next week.. I have 40 pages of maintenance and repair items going back to new, the car was a one owner elderly owned car, its a little banged up, and there is a little rust, it has 106k on the clock, no check engine lights, the interior looks new..

So here is my question..
The car has not had the 100k mile maintenance done, which i believe is plugs, ignition coils, and water pump.. is that all that is needed for the 100k maintenance?

Also, there is a, well what i would call a bearing noise from the front of the motor, can anyone give me any ideas on what that could be, are there parts on the serpentine belt that are susceptible to requiring replacements? Like are the belt tensioner's crap, or bearings in the alternator?

Any help would be great thanks in advance..

·
2002 F150 XLT
11,026 Posts
This is what the manual shows. If it hasn't been done, it would be a good idea to do so.

As for the noise, You could remove the belt for and start it for a moment and see if the noise changes.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
At 108,000 miles, I have replaced my belt twice and each time, I needed a tensioner....not because of the bearing but because it wouldn't "tension" with the new, unstretched belt. Note to self: Just replace both at the same time when I do it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts