Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced all of the brake pads and shoes and drove for approximately 300 miles with no problems and then the Brake, ABS, and Traction Control lights all came on at the same time. I took it over to Auto Zone to have the code read and the code that came up was B1342 which is for a configuration error in the ABS module.

Is there a way to fix this?

I also re adjusted the shoes because they had accessive travel in them. I'm going to put some more miles on it to see if it clears out. If anyone has any thoughts please share, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,441 Posts
Are any of the calipers dragging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,520 Posts
" The B1342 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault with the Electronic Brake Control Module (aka "ABS Module"). When this code sets alone, more times than not, the module has failed internally and will need to be replaced. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires before replacement. The module is located in the rear, driver's side corner of the engine compartment. "

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
" The B1342 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault with the Electronic Brake Control Module (aka "ABS Module"). When this code sets alone, more times than not, the module has failed internally and will need to be replaced. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires before replacement. The module is located in the rear, driver's side corner of the engine compartment. "
I already inspected the harness and the connector and reseated it, it all seems good to me. I read somewhere that you can mess up the ABS pump if you squeeze the pistons to reset them the wrong way. Is this true?

·
Super Moderator
22,520 Posts
I already inspected the harness and the connector and reseated it, it all seems good to me. I read somewhere that you can mess up the ABS pump if you squeeze the pistons to reset them the wrong way. Is this true?
Yes can happen , same with brake master cyls where seals can be damaged when bleeding .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced all of the brake pads and shoes and drove for approximately 300 miles with no problems and then the Brake, ABS, and Traction Control lights all came on at the same time. I took it over to Auto Zone to have the code read and the code that came up was B1342 which is for a configuration error in the ABS module.

I also re adjusted the shoes because they had accessive travel in them. I'm going to put some more miles on it to see if it clears out. If anyone has any thoughts please share, thanks.

On each wheel there is a round ring below the sensor..it slides on the axle...it is called a Tone Ring.....it sends a signal to the sensor.....if you look at one of the ring on yours it is probably rusted and broken......it rusts underneath and breaks the ring.....they are about $5 a piece....fronts are easy, back wheels a little harder....if you look you can see them if they are broke
Looks like this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts