Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2009 Ford Taurus SEL with 127,000 miles. I get a engine code of PO201 and P0301 but dont happen all the time. However, when it does it feels like it's going to stall. What can this be? Where to look?

Does this mean cylinder 1 fuel injector bad? Spark plug? Coil? or?

I did use Techron fuel additive at 105,000 could that have done this?

·
Super Moderator
923 Posts
P0201 suggests that its the fuel injector circuit itself. While its idling, first off check to see if the injector harness it sat all the way on the injector, then wiggle the harness to see if it causes issues. Its likely a wiring issue or injector itself.

·
Super Moderator
923 Posts
Just that injector for cylinder 1? Or should I check them all?
Its a good idea to check them all but the code suggests an injector fault on cylinder 1 causing a misfire on that cylinder. There could be more misfires but the ecu hasnt detected them though.

·
Administrator
8,270 Posts
Yes #1 passenger side rear.

Don't forget code P0301 mentioned above. I'd pull the plug first. If its good try switching the coils out with another cylinder and see if the miss follows to the donor cylinder.

You can also do the same with injectors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found one issue looks like vapor hose 9G271 is bent. This is fuel line vapor hose correct? Would this cause this code? Not in stock had to order this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes #1 passenger side rear.

Don't forget code P0301 mentioned above. I'd pull the plug first. If its good try switching the coils out with another cylinder and see if the miss follows to the donor cylinder.

You can also do the same with injectors.
Thing is it doesn't happen all the time only sometimes. Could that be still a spark plug or coil issue? I will do as you suggest. I ordered 6 boots and 6 spark plugs probably time for another tuneup anyway. Last tuneup was done at 96,649 and now has 130,000 miles. I am thinking more like injector issue. However, like I said doesn't do this all the time so hard to troubleshoot.

So if I change lets say coil to from Cylinder 1 coil to Cylinder 6 than if coil is faulty it will give me another code instead now Cylinder 6? same with injector?

·
Administrator
8,270 Posts
So if I change lets say coil to from Cylinder 1 coil to Cylinder 6 than if coil is faulty it will give me another code instead now Cylinder 6? same with injector?
Correct, if its a bad coil. Say the plug is good in cylinder 1, and you move the coil to cylinder 6, and the next time it happens and shows the misfire on cylinder 6, its safe to say its a bad coil. But if you change the coil to cylinder 6 and the misfire occurs on cylinder 1 again, its probably the injector. You can then swap injectors to verify.

Since you've already ordered plus and boots, give that a try and see if it helps. When you change them go ahead and switch coil 1 with another cylinder, #6 would be a easy choice in case you have to change it later.

Chevron Techron is good stuff. They bottle it for several auto manufactures but you have to get the black bottle 'Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner' if you want the same stuff, not the 'Chevron Techron Fuel Injection Cleaner'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts