Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 5.0 88,000 well maintained miles. Every time you start to accelerate (at different times) it will make a god awful grinding noise from underneath and the engine shuts down and errors out. Ignition just barley clicks when turned, acts like a battery issue, but all else is fine. Finally, if you pull relay R2 in the engine compartment and reset, the engine will start with no noise what so ever? Then, try driving and does the same thing. Don't know what it could be? Sounds very mechanical but why no issue when the engine/truck has finally restarted. Can't be good on whatever is grinding?

·
Super Moderator
7,733 Posts
I can't figure out which relay is R-2, but if it's your starter relay, replace it. Your relay may be shorted enough to keep the starter from fully disengaging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have swapped the relays and it still does the same thing, and runs fine for awhile and then craps out. Dealer is investigating, not sure. When you pull that relay (in engine compartment)sounds like it resets several things because you here a series of clicks like things shutting off?? Just can't figure why it runs great for a little and then grinds to a stop, terrible sounding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts