Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a mechanic look at my car it was down in power, did an exhaust regen and replaced O2 sensor and gave it back to me and car developed smell, took it back to him found oil leak and loose injector repaired those, smell still persisted, gave it back to him found no leaks, took it to mechanic number two but same again found no leaks. Took it to mechanic three he found the hose going from the air filter to the turbo was cracked, replaced it, smell still persists, gave it back to them looked at it again no leaks found.

Smell is constant in car when engine running but get worse on acceleration, I've had multiple people in the car with me who have confirmed they can smell it, I had the last mechanic even replace the pollen filter in case it was that being saturated in oil from when it had the leak but nope that has done nothing and he even suggested valeting but ive had that done even had the engine bay and underside steam cleaned in case it was oil from when it had the leak, i'm at my wits end here last guy suggested taking to forums to see if anyone with more experience around Fords has encounterd this before.

·
Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
You don't say what size engine , Check PCV valve and / or hose / breather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts