Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings forum!

I have been attempting to repair my rear wiper on a 2011 Ford Edge Limited 3.5 AWD and since have had no luck. I have tried replacing the rear wiper motor, the wiper switch, the rear wiper relay and rear wiper fuse and so far nothing has worked. I tested voltage at the rear wiper motor from the plug and am receiving voltage and when I tested resistance from the different switch interval settings it seemed like I was getting different readings for each setting. I am going to retest the resistance at the plug with the new relay, but at this point I am a bit stumped. I did some research in which the ground wire in the back may be an issue, but I am not sure where that would be located and how to properly test that. I did a visual inspection of the wiring connected to the rear wiper plug (from what was exposed) and did not see any damage, kinks or other signs there is issue with the actual cable and the fact that I have voltage tells me its passing through the cabling. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions. It is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
23,844 Posts
The ground wire is USUALLY some where behind the rear body panel / inner quarter panels underneath the trim but cant say for definite . On a lot of vehicles they have wiring at the top , passing into the tailgate that often gets damaged causing problems , but not sure if this applies to yours

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ground wire is USUALLY some where behind the rear body panel / inner quarter panels underneath the trim but cant say for definite . On a lot of vehicles they have wiring at the top , passing into the tailgate that often gets damaged causing problems , but not sure if this applies to yours
Thanks for the information. I will do some checking to see if I can find the ground wire and if there are any issues with it. I am running out of ideas as to what could be causing the rear wiper to not function since I have replaced everything. I would replace the plug into the motor, but I am getting voltage and readings which is odd that should be powering the motor. Especially a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts