Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm stumped. it's the 4 cylinder, get a 0302 fault. Remplaced all four plugs, and coils. Engine will run fine for a while then, boom starts missing for a short time, and smooths our, check engine light comes on, same code. Thought, well maybe I got a bad coil or plug so swapped from cylinder 2 & 3, same fault on Cylinder two. Checked pin connectors, they are good and tight. Sometimes it will run an entire day without a problem, next time within a half hour, get the check engine light. The thing is the cylinder doesn't seem to be losing full power, it just runs very rough, then smooths out.

Any ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think a faulty injector would cause the 0302 fault code. Good point though, if I had totally lost #2 I would have lost 25% of the engines power and that doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks for your response.

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
It's a #2 misfire, if the injector doesn't squirt correctly, you will misfire,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for delayed response, I live in a remote area. Little about me, I'm a retired truck and heavy equipment tech, so I don't know automotive but I do know the basics.

Here is where I'm at. replaced all rand compression test, good all four cylingers are withing 3-5 lbs. Replaced all four injectors, swapped new coils and plugs between #2 to #3. Checked wiring pin connectors at injector and plugs all seem good.
Car will run maybe a day and then I get a 0302 and check engine light. Today I was getting the 0302 fault without the check engine light coming on, that is interesting. It will run fine for a while then I lose #2 momentarily or for a couple of minutes then smooths out.
So any ideas would be greatly appreciated, because the only thing I can think of now is the computer (ECM).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I don't feel so bad now, took the damn thing to Ford, they claimed it was a bad wire. Left the dealer and within two blocks I got the same fault code and runs rough. Went back and told them I wanted my money back.

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
With all you replaced, I would've looked at wiring, as well. I once had a head gasket that did as you indicate, but over a month or two, it got worse and finally showed up on a spark plug. Possibly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently own a beat to hell'n'back 2004 Explorer and it's starting to be more costly to maintain. Gonna get rid of it soon and was looking at the 2011 Ford Escape XLT. They seem reasonably priced, and I really like it's features. What are your Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1 opinions on the 2011 year? Are there any bad defects?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts