Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm stumped. it's the 4 cylinder, get a 0302 fault. Remplaced all four plugs, and coils. Engine will run fine for a while then, boom starts missing for a short time, and smooths our, check engine light comes on, same code. Thought, well maybe I got a bad coil or plug so swapped from cylinder 2 & 3, same fault on Cylinder two. Checked pin connectors, they are good and tight. Sometimes it will run an entire day without a problem, next time within a half hour, get the check engine light. The thing is the cylinder doesn't seem to be losing full power, it just runs very rough, then smooths out.

Any ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think a faulty injector would cause the 0302 fault code. Good point though, if I had totally lost #2 I would have lost 25% of the engines power and that doesn't seem to be the case. Thanks for your response.

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts
It's a #2 misfire, if the injector doesn't squirt correctly, you will misfire,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for delayed response, I live in a remote area. Little about me, I'm a retired truck and heavy equipment tech, so I don't know automotive but I do know the basics.

Here is where I'm at. replaced all rand compression test, good all four cylingers are withing 3-5 lbs. Replaced all four injectors, swapped new coils and plugs between #2 to #3. Checked wiring pin connectors at injector and plugs all seem good.
Car will run maybe a day and then I get a 0302 and check engine light. Today I was getting the 0302 fault without the check engine light coming on, that is interesting. It will run fine for a while then I lose #2 momentarily or for a couple of minutes then smooths out.
So any ideas would be greatly appreciated, because the only thing I can think of now is the computer (ECM).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I don't feel so bad now, took the damn thing to Ford, they claimed it was a bad wire. Left the dealer and within two blocks I got the same fault code and runs rough. Went back and told them I wanted my money back.

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts
With all you replaced, I would've looked at wiring, as well. I once had a head gasket that did as you indicate, but over a month or two, it got worse and finally showed up on a spark plug. Possibly?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts