Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with poor ride quality and excessive hollow noises when going over bumps and i finally got the time to have a look.
I've never seen bad struts before but after seeing this i'm positive that these struts are finished. The video only shows the struts from the driver side but the passenger side is in the same condition.

3l V6 with 240000km/150000miles

Video of stuts: \Youtube Link

·
Super Moderator
20,926 Posts
From video , looks like the strut has been leaking fluid for a while .

·
Banned
4 Posts
As the title states, I'm in the middle of replacing the front struts on my 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid. I bought the KYB Strut-Plus "quick strut" assemblies from Rock Auto. I've never done struts before, but it's been going great, until...
I watched one Ford Escape video that says to orient the notch on each bearing plate to the same position as it came out on each side.
I watched another Ford Escape video that says the default position is for the notch to face out on both sides, and I should install both the replacements with the notch facing out.
Well, each side on the (I assume) original Motorcraft struts was aligned differently. I did the the left (driver's) side first, and it had the notch facing out. I installed the new one the same way.
Then I got to the right (passenger) side, and found that the notch on the original was facing to the rear.
I'm a little bit confused. Which video is right?

snaptube vidmate

·
Super Moderator
8,591 Posts
Could be both, the one said "default" which implies it may need to be adjusted. I'd go with how they came out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts