Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Navigator with 165,000 miles. I love driving it, and it is worth next to nothing to anyone but me. The one thing that is making me crazy are the running boards, in Michigan with the salt it is a nightmare. The left motor is dead, the dealership put it up for me permanently. The right is stuck and I can tell it’s going to die. I have been quoted $2000 apiece to replace the motors and brackets at the dealership. On a car likely worth 10k it’s not worth it. But... getting in the car without the running board is a pia. Is there any after market option that is cheaper? Fixed or moveable? There has got to be a cheaper solution. TIA!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It goes without saying that fixed would be cheaper, and looking at my 2004 Navigator next to an Expedition of the same year I saw that the extended position was the same as the Expy fixed position. Is it possible to get a fixed set for an Expedition either junkyard or aftermarket and replace the slides? A quick search for aftermarkets you can get them for a few hundred.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts