Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there. I have a 2012 3.7 flex fuel XLT F150 with AC issues. The AC stop working all together, no cold air. Checked several things: fuses, freon, relay…all are ok. One day I noticed the belt coming from the main crank to the compressor had been torn apart and had broken. Replaced belt, then noticed the clutch hub was not moving entirely. The outer plate was moving but the inner plate was not. Well, turns out the rubber seal between the outer and inner plate had disintegrated. This was keeping the inner plate from turning.
After an extensive search I found a replacement clutch hub, replaced it very easily and not more than 10 mins and the AC blowing nice cold air, the seal between the plates completely melted and the inner plate siezed again. No more AC. Btw, my pressure in the system was 50 after repair. Does this mean my compressor is seized? Any ideas?! Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,334 Posts
Pressure is totally dependent on temperature. But, between a wiped belt and 2 wiped clutched, that's be my guess. If it is not totally seized, it is in the process of seizing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts