Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lowbeam headlights on my wife's 2012 focus just stopped working. I replaced both lowbeam bulbs, I have changed the 15amp fuse and they are still not working. I can't find any headlight relays (which seems odd) . I cannot figure it out has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The car is expecting higher current draw than the LEDs are pulling and thus throwing the error. Does the same thing with HIDs. You'll either need resistors or you'll have to change the headlight type by connecting to the OBD2 port and editing it with FoCCCus or Forscan. I would recommend the latter - my HIDs were not 100% reliable with the resistors.

·
Super Moderator
22,769 Posts
The car is expecting higher current draw than the LEDs are pulling and thus throwing the error. Does the same thing with HIDs. You'll either need resistors or you'll have to change the headlight type by connecting to the OBD2 port and editing it with FoCCCus or Forscan. I would recommend the latter - my HIDs were not 100% reliable with the resistors.

Why would he have to do that when everything has been fine for 9 years with the lights , likewise the many thousands of other Focuses on the road ? I have never had any Focus cars of that year / era in the workshop or heard of any that needed what you suggest .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have LED headlights, they are just the same H11 type bulbs that came factory equipped...

·
Super Moderator
22,769 Posts
Cant see any relays in wiring diagrams I have for your car and only this fuse which you say you have already changed . I have heard of the odd case that had success by spraying in the switch with electrical contact spray and working the switch a few times .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts