Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m new to this, but haven’t found any related articles, maybe I’m searching incorrectly.

I’ve got a 2012 Ford F-150 3.5l ecoboost 4x4, I’m the second owner, got it at 62k miles and it’s currently at 82k miles.
I’ve kept up on maintenance
and here’s what’s been going on.
I wasn’t having any issues what so ever, but needed new brake pads, replaced new brake pads all around, and also replaced rotors up front.
Got the truck back and I noticed a grinding sound and vibration as I slow down while applying and not applying breaks, like the caliper was sticking only on the drivers side front tire.

so I took it in and had the front calipers replaced and brake line bled.

not even an hour into getting the truck back from the ford dealership, the grindingcontinued on the driver front side tire, as I slow down under 30 while applying and not applying brakes.
Took it back to ford and they’ve had it for 10 days as of now, and they’ve replaced brake pads, calipers and rotors as they thought the ones installed were faulty.
Yet the issue still occurs, grinding and vibrating on the front driver side tire, doesn’t seem to matter if I’m breaking or not braking it always happens while reducing speed under 30-35mph

switching it into 4x4 didn’t change the outcome, I’ve notified the dealership about a possible iwe issue, and still no change in outcome, no update.
Has anyone dealt with this, found a solution or anything that’d help?

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
Sometimes you can get the brake hose collapsed inside and it affects the flowback from calliper which then restricts the pads from fully retracting or slow in doing so , holding them on.It can often be caused by clamping the hose on doing brake work , but just one possible cause .

P.s

Post moved to F150 section .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes you can get the brake hose collapsed inside and it affects the flowback from calliper which then restricts the pads from fully retracting or slow in doing so , holding them on.It can often be caused by clamping the hose on doing brake work , but just one possible cause .

P.s

Post moved to F150 section .
Thanks I’ll see if there is any leak on those hoses

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't leak , the inside collapses and normal fluid return restricted .
Ok so check to see if any hose is being restricted, or what would I look for?
I figure ford mechanics would be able to spot anything especially for having it for 10+Days.
Or they’d at least know where to look. But I’ll bring it up and have them note down the possibility of of brake hoses being clamped or restricted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts