Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past month has been challenging. My water pump jammed. I replaced the water pump. Simultaneously my battery died- thankfully it was still under warranty so it was replaced. Still no ignition. Not even clicking. I pulled the starter motor and it bench tested good. It is now re-installed. Still no ignition. The shifter is stuck in PARK; I cannot even move it to Neutral. Fuses check out fine. The Haynes manual is not giving me enough clues. I'm thinking maybe the transmission may not be fully in PARK so I cannot start or even shift to NEUTRAL. Help?

P.s. I have a Sport model. Every auto parts store as soon as mention "Sport", info for the 3.5L comes up without the option to say it's a 3.0L. Avoid frustration and don't even mention Sport model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I almost gave up because I couldn't spot the release tab. It wasn't red or white as seen in videos. It happened to be the slightest shade different than all the black plastic pieces in the console. I tried it and it worked. So I am at least out of Park now. I'll update as I go but I'm out of time today. Hopefully I can resolve this tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts