Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I drive a 2012 Ford Transit Connect 110 hp at work, it's a company car.
I haven't had any issues with it until now. We went to the dealership who sold us the car for changing the windscreen because of a crack in it.
When they was to change the screen they found out that the chassis had twisted a bit on the right front side.

Is this a common issue on this cars? The car has been driven with care.

Attaching pictures for you to see.
1.pic: You can see it has moved/twisted a bit on the front right hand side.
2.pic: This picture is to compare the sides, this side hasn't moved.
3.pic: You can see it has some cracks on the right hand side inside of the car.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,304 Posts
Never heard or read of any issues in regard to this . How did screen get cracked ? If there were any problems I sure they would have shown up long ago as it's not a new vehicle and would have been subject to a recall or TSB .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The screen was cracked from the bottom right corner and upwards, the same side as the twisted part. Don't understand how this could happen just by driving the car.
If the car hit a put hole in high speed and hard for instance some other parts would been destroyed, no problems with the suspension or anything else. Just what I have mentioned before.

I don't know if twisted chassis is the right term here, but I guess you know what I mean.

·
Super Moderator
19,304 Posts
With older cars and rubber surround / seal on windscreens , you had a bit of " give " .Nowadays modern cars with tighter shut gaps and bonded screens contributing more to body strength , you don't have this as much .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they're meaning the twisted chassis may have caused cracked the windshield.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry If I wasn't clear on that.

Well I can tell you this much, I have never driven it hard in a pot hole or anything else but I'm not the only driver of the car so I can't speak for the other driver. Even If he says he been careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts