Ford Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to this forum but I belong to several others as I like to help my friends out when I can. A 2013 Focus shows a DTC code P07A3, "Transmission Friction Element A Stuck On". The car begins to bog down and has no power when the trans shifts to 2nd gear. My research showed that there may be a problem with the ground wire of the negative terminal of the battery. I sanded the mounting tab on the left front shock tower, sanded the cable tab and cleaned the bolt. Then went back and cleared the code. The car now runs good but I don't know yet if the problem was solved. Does anyone know if this has any other fixes I should know about and is it something that I can fix without going to the dealer? Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,664 Posts
Surprised the ground wire was the fault .The transmission in that car is notorious for faults and recalls . But if it was a simple fix , great .

AND

The P07A3 means Transmission Friction Element A Stuck On. The transmission in the Focus is a dual clutch style of transmission. It is more like a manual transmission with a clutch, except the shifting is handled by a computer. There are two clutches for the transmission that are serviced as one assembly. With this code the transmission control module has detected that clutch A is not disengaging. This could be caused by a bad clutch, a damaged clutch engagement lever or bearing assembly, a failed clutch actuator motor, or a bad control module.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am in Nigeria, I discovered this problem yesterday that my Ford focus automatic is shifting or jeck when changing from gear 2 and stable from gear 3. Have changed the ATF what else can I do please?

·
Super Moderator
23,664 Posts
Could be many possible causes . Needs scanned with suitable equipment that will interrogate ALL systems and modules for fault codes .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts