Ford Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Ford Escape 2.0 turbo. I was driving home yesterday down the interstate when my break peddle froze like a brick in the up position. Break fluid is good, no leaks, calipers, breaks and rotors are all normal. Vacuum line has suction.
When you put your foot in the break, there is zero play. I cant put all my weight into it and make it move or slightly pump. Whats wrong? Any idea?
I've read and watched videos and I've narrowed this problem down to the break booster....maybe? This is my 1st Ford vehicle. I know zip about them. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Other problems....I dont think these issues would have anything to do with the break system, but the stupid thing keeps over heating and my turbo is going out at 130k

·
Super Moderator
22,544 Posts
Sounds like a faulty brake booster . Overheating is a different matter and needs checked out . Many possible causes , coolant leak , cooling fan not kicking in , water pump , radiator , sticking thermostat , to name a few .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a faulty brake booster . Overheating is a different matter and needs checked out . Many possible causes , coolant leak , cooling fan not kicking in , water pump , radiator , sticking thermostat , to name a few .
Fan is good, im thinking thermostat hopefully. Im gonna try to find someone to replace the booster today

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changed the booster, changed the master cylinder, still no breaks.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Silly question, was the pedal able to move while the booster was out?

·
Super Moderator
22,544 Posts
If pedal going to the floor , looks like you need to bleed the braking system again to evacuate all air .

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
If you bled the brakes the old standard way, you could still have air in the ABS module. There are sites that will tell you that you can bleed them without a special tool, I've not seen anyone bleed them as well as the tool, which can be pricey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts