Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m have issues with my low oil pressure warning light coming on while I’m at a stop light and idling. I have replaced my instrument cluster, radiator, and oil pressure switch. I’m only having these issues in the summer and nothing during the winter happens with it.

·
Super Moderator
20,553 Posts
Could try changing engine oil and filter , using correct , quality oil .Dependant on mileage , it may be general engine wear causing low pressure . In winter with the engine running not so hot and the cold weather , it tends to help oil not to " thin " as much as summer . Though modern oils not as badly affected nowadays .Dependant on usage , short journeys and stop / start degrades oil faster and needs more frequent changing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could try changing engine oil and filter , using correct , quality oil .Dependant on mileage , it may be general engine wear causing low pressure . In winter with the engine running not so hot and the cold weather , it tends to help oil not to " thin " as much as summer . Though modern oils not as badly affected nowadays .Dependant on usage , short journeys and stop / start degrades oil faster and needs more frequent changing
I just got the oil changed and it’s still doing it. I have 135000 miles on it now

·
Administrator
8,366 Posts
Does it do this with the AC off while stopped at a stop light? Could be a low idle issue while the AC is on pulling the engine down triggering the light. Is the Check Engine light on?

·
Administrator
8,366 Posts
Refer back to RS Logan post above. More than likely thats the issue. Bearings more than likely, possibly the oil pump. I would take it to a garage and have a mechanical oil pressure gauge hooked up to see exactly what the reading are before diving in any deeper.

·
Super Moderator
20,553 Posts
Take it you replaced the oil filter as well with a correct , reputable replacement ? Using the wrong oil filter can negatively impact oil pressure. The wrong filter, a filter that isn't working properly, or a filter that gets clogged can cause oil pressure to drop. ... If the relief valve is damaged, or the wrong filter is used, too much or too little oil can pass into the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts