Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 2013 ford focus to a ford dealership and they informed me that the gas tank was collapsed and my car then wouldn't hold more than 9 gallons where as It holds about 13gallons. Well it's been like that for year now and I went to the gas station to fill up and as it was pumping I heard a thunk noise and my car then took way more gas then normal. Did my gas tank just pop back out??????

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
Possibly . I would be concerned why it collapsed previously , unless it had been hit or damaged . If not that , it's usually caused by a venting problem and could recur .

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
That would cause it . Surprised the tank was not replaced with the amount of fuel that was restricted .

Dealers will reprogram the powertrain control module in affected vehicles with the appropriate software calibration and replace the canister purge valve, as necessary. If the canister purge valve is replaced, dealers will inspect and replace the carbon canister, fuel tank and fuel delivery module, as necessary. Owners are advised to maintain at least a half tank of fuel until their vehicle is serviced for this issue. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19S22.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts