Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm wanting to install LED bulbs for front and rear turn signals. Especially front as I'd like switchbacks. However, I noticed the 2014 doesn't have a flasher module, and that the signals are handled by a control module somewhere, at least to the best I was able to figure out. I saw something about using Forscan to adjust module settings to change how the "light out" function is handled for turn signals, but the only option I could find was to enable/disable the left or right signal indicator in the instrument cluster.

I'd really prefer to avoid installing resistors, as that pretty much feels like it defeats part of the point of installing LEDs. I was able to install an electronic flasher module in my Mercury inline with the LCM, and was wondering if there were any instructions on how to do that for an Exp as well. Or if there was some other method by which one could avoid hyper flashing.

· Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
Copied from another forum

Specifically for hyperflash disabling, go to the wrench tab and find the body control module as built and click on the little "play arrow" to run service procedure. THis will bring up a list of a trillion number. The ones you will be looking for are 726-13-01 0101 0000 for the front and 726-14-01 0101 0000 for the rear. change the "1s" in the bold part to "0s" and select write, a message will appear saying its the wrong code ending, click yes to overwrite. Your vehicle lights will flash and you will hear two clicking sounds and get a message to turn off ignition and turn it back on. your lights will now be fixed!

It’s not an on/off parameter, you have to change the checksum to make changes.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, got the OBDLink cable and installed Forscan on a laptop. Still doesn't look like there's a real BCM module, though...

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this, however, what you may have been referencing previously? This is under the "computer chip" section named "Configuration and Programming" as opposed to the wrench "Service Functions" section.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I think what you found is close, but not quite the same as how my Expedition is configured. I found those data keys, but the values are quite different from what that post was suggesting.

· Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
As I said the writeup was from a 2016 model. The asbuilt data probably changed between the two model years.

I see the value is already all 0’s. Maybe this feature wasn’t available in 2014. I think 2015 was a big changeover year for many Ford models. Perhaps that’s why I couldn’t find much on your 2014.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's weird, though, because it looks like for 2014 the modules for the F-150 have options for turning off the bulb out function that causes hyper flashing, so I'd like to think it's there for the Expedition, too.

· Super Moderator
1,885 Posts
Perhaps there is.

I saw your thread on the Forscan forums, they should be able to figure it out. But while looking around, I saw others with older Expeditions had no problem turning hyperflash off. I wonder if some models got leds from the factory and maybe had a different sjb. That would explain a lot.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think pre-2011 models had an actual signal flasher that could be swapped out with an electronic flasher to solve the LED issue, if I'm remembering the year correctly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts