Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I need to remove the bumper to replace the aforementioned temp sensor, and to find where my wiper fluid is draining out of. I suspect rabbits chewed a hole in the hose, but it could be the whole reservoir. As soon as I pour it in, it dumps right onto the ground. Anyway, how do I get the bumper off? I see no immediately obvious bolts, everything is hidden behind plastic.
TIA
Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. Did you ever get an answor to your question?
My bumper is loose on the passenger side and it appears that clips hold it in, but I am not sure. Only had the vehicle for a week and it started coming out and I need to find how to secure it.
I have a 2016 Ford Transit Connect XLT.
It is either the bumber ot the facia over the bumper.
Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
R.S.Logan, Thank you for that page. I just can't make out the detail of how they attach.

Here is a picture of the fascia panel forward of the right front wheel.
It looks like these all snap into place but then there must be a bolt or screw to secure this panel.
Anybody having this problem?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,306 Posts
I've never done one on that vehicle but looks similar to others models I have .It looks like it should snap into position . May require loosening / taking out side bolts first ( listed in link exploded view } , snapping into place and then refitting side bolts .Hopefully there is no accident . damage behind which could throw it out of alignment .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I did it. Just can't pick up a wrench without knowing where it could lead so I went on to the Motorcraft site and ordered a CD/DVD of the Shop Service Manual for my TC.
Live by RTFM and die by RTFM.
Maybe I can share some info with someone one day.
Billmnfl

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts