Ford Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The anti theft device had to be reset twice. This time it didn't work and the key sticks in the start position. I have a chilton manual but it does't give details on removing the tumbler and switch from the dash. Is it possible the switch is not letting it start? I ran the codes but it says no code available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I put the key in the run position and jump across the post on the starter, will the newer ones start and run like the older fords did?

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
The fascia for the dash is not that difficult to pull apart. If you want to be safe with the trim work, the plastic tooling for removing trim work usually can be purchased for under 10 bucks, but if aesthetics aren't a concern, a screw driver will work. Plastic flatware for eating is too brittle, I just save you time on that one.You will probably be deep enough to get the switch out in the first 30 seconds of this video, it's pretty easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fascia for the dash is not that difficult to pull apart. If you want to be safe with the trim work, the plastic tooling for removing trim work usually can be purchased for under 10 bucks, but if aesthetics aren't a concern, a screw driver will work. Plastic flatware for eating is too brittle, I just save you time on that one.You will probably be deep enough to get the switch out in the first 30 seconds of this video, it's pretty easy.
Thanks, this is when I wished it was in the column. I went out this morning and battery was clear flat. This is what it did the last time when it was wet out, I'm talking toad strangler rain. I can't find any corrosion on any wires, it was not pulling any amps when I checked it out yesterday. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
You tested the battery voltage in case you have a dud / weak cell and draining prior to dying on you ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You tested the battery voltage in case you have a dud / weak cell and draining prior to dying on you ?
No, it was setting in the drive and set all night, got in the next morning and it wouldn't fire, it cranks good but no fire.

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
Asking from what you said in post " I went out this morning and battery was clear flat. "

1 - 9 of 9 Posts