Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a P0303 error code (Cylinder 3 Misfire).
I have replaced the #3 coil and the #3 plug (along with the rest of them).
CE light was off for a while, but is now back on almost continuously.
Again changed the #3 plug.
Error code still shows.

I did also change the air filter

I don't have the ability to do high-level repairs myself. I've done all I am capable of doing. What else could cause an engine misfire? I don't have the ability to test pressure or fuel injectors. I'm learning how to work on cars but time constraints plus my work obligations prevent me from doing much more.

Would anyone recommend replacing the wiring (not sure of the technical name) that connects to the coil? Is it likely that only one of those leads (for lack of a better term) would go bad? It appears that wire is part of a bundle of them that connect to the other plugs and other things.

Can I damage the engine or engine components if I drive with CE Light on? Sometimes it blinks. I am not sure how dangerous it is to drive when that happens.

Thanks in advance~
I am happy to try to clarify if need be. First time trying this.

·
Super Moderator
925 Posts
Is it covered under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
925 Posts
Hmm I don’t like to suggest anything without more info but its likely an electrical issue or mechanical if its isolated to just that one cylinder. If you can, I would suggest starting with a compression test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
Try switching the fuel injector on the #3 cylinder with another cylinders injector and see if the misfire moves with it.

Wouldn't drive it much with a misfire as you would be feeding raw gas to the catalytic converter.

Could try a bottle of chevron techron with about 1/2 tank of fuel. Don't get the fuel injection cleaner but the complete fuel system cleaner concentrate in the black bottle. Its good stuff and available at Walmart for around 5 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
20,081 Posts
Before you pull the injectors you might want to check it's pulsing o.k in case it's a wiring fault . Can check by listening with a long screwdriver or check with a test light . Wont go wrong having injector seals handy to fit as well if you pull them ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Error code still shows.

I don't have the ability to do high-level repairs myself. I've done all I am capable of doing. What else could cause an engine misfire? I don't have the ability to test pressure or fuel injectors. I'm learning how to work on cars but time constraints plus my work obligations prevent me from doing much more.

Would anyone recommend replacing the wiring (not sure of the technical name) that connects to the coil? Is it likely that only one of those leads (for lack of a better term) would go bad? It appears that wire is part of a bundle of them that connect to the other plugs and other things.

Can I damage the engine or engine components if I drive with CE Light on? Sometimes it blinks. I am not sure how dangerous it is to drive when that happens.

Thanks in advance~
Error code still shows.

Thanks in advance~
it’a your # 3 injector causing it. I would’ve recommended replacing it you can go through rock auto.com to get them cheap OEM one do not get the after market ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts