Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to have my windshield replaced. Now when I turn on the car, the front wipers "jump" slightly and twice now they've temporary failed while in use. Something "reset" and they started working again.

I tried resetting the PCM (thinking this would help) by removing the negative battery cable for 20 minutes, but no dice.

I've noticed a couple of other unrelated oddities too that makes me think there's a bigger issue - Sync locked up once while using my phone and the airbag light coming on intermittently.

Any insight?

·
Super Moderator
7,993 Posts
Could be a loose connection to the body control module or it could be failing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where's the BCM so I can check the connection? There's no Haynes manual for this year for me to reference?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to post a follow-up on this as I fixed the issue. When the guy replaced the windshield, he removed the wipers and re-installed them incorrectly. The correct procedure (per a video I found for a Fusion) is to remove the wiper arms, power the vehicle on, activate the wipers once and then reinstall the wiper arms while the car is on. Otherwise the arms fold into down too far once it's powered back on.

I followed the video and did this and they no longer do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts