Ford Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im helping a buddy with his 16 GT 5.0 it starts most of the time but when it gets hot it will no want to start again, it is a no spin no start once hot, it will just click. i told him sounds like the starter so we replaced it, didnt change so i replaced starter solenoid and replaced the start again just to be sure didnt get a bad part, still wanting to do the same thing. tried scanning it found no codes. i cant think of anything else. i made sure the ground on the block was tight and all the nuts and bolts were tight. any help would be awesome

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Check the battery terminals as well. I had a similar issue with my 17 Gt where the battery leaked and internally corroded the terminals. Sometimes it wouldn’t start when hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check the battery cables , can turn green internally due to corrosion . Flexing them can often expose green dust giving a sign if corroding inside .
i dont see any but i have been looking at the herness that comes from bjb to starter, i tried ohming it out but biggest problem is the concern is intermitted and wont do it all the time. thinking about repalcing the harness that leads to starter

·
Super Moderator
22,730 Posts
11 volts , battery is dud but could try charging it and then load test . Also test your alternator charging rate when battery problem solved .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts