Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new here not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. My buddy's got a 2016 f250 to 6.2 gas jobby, while driving trucks randomly shutting off I had my OBD2 connected to it while it shut off and OBD2 lost its connection during the shutdown. So far the codes we have is p1464 p1703 p1780 and nothing else. Any ideas would help out a lot and thanks in advance and also looking forward to being part of this community.

·
Super Moderator
20,343 Posts
In regard to codes ,

P1464, did you leave the AC on when you ran the KOER test.

P1703, did you cycle the BOO switch when you ran the KOER test ?

P1780, did you cycle the transmission OD switch when you ran the KOER test?

P1780 - Transmission Control Switch (TCS) Out of Self-Test Range

Description:
During key on engine running (KOER) self-test the TCS must be cycled, or a DTC is set.​
Possible Causes:
  • TCS not cycled during the self-test.
  • TCS circuit short or open
  • Damaged TCS switch
Diagnostic Aids:
Verify the TCS switch cycles on/off.​
Application
Key On Engine Off
Key On Engine Running
Continuous Memory
All​
GO to TB1 .​

P1703 - Brake Switch Out of Self-Test Range

Description:
Indicates that during key on engine off (KOEO) self-test, the brake pedal position BPP signal was high, or during key on engine running (KOER) self-test, the BPP signal did not cycle high and low.​
Possible Causes:
  • Open or short in the BPP circuit
  • Open or short in the stop lamp circuits
  • Malfunction in module(s) connected to the BPP circuit (rear electronic module [REM] for Freestar/Monterey, LS, and Thunderbird or lighting control module [LCM] for Town Car).
  • Damaged brake switch
  • Mis adjusted brake switch
Diagnostic Aids:
Check for proper function of the stop lamps. Using diagnostic tool, check the BPP PID. The stop lamps and PID should toggle on and off with brake pedal activation.​
Application
Key On Engine Off
Key On Engine Running
Continuous Memory
Town Car​
Verify the brake pedal was applied and released during the key on engine running (KOER) self-test. For additional concerns, refer to the Workshop Manual Section 417-01, Exterior Lighting.​
Freestar/Monterey​
Verify the brake pedal was applied and released during the key on engine running (KOER) self-test. For additional concerns, refer to the Workshop Manual Section 417-01, Exterior Lighting.​
Expedition,
Navigator​
Verify the brake pedal was applied and released during the key on engine running (KOER) self-test. For additional concerns, refer to the Workshop Manual Section 206-09, Anti-Lock Control.​
All others​
GO to FD2 .​
GO to FD1 .​
GO to FD2 .​

P1464 - A/C Demand Out Of Self-Test Range

Description:
The DTC is set when the powertrain control module (PCM) receives a request for A/C during the self-test.​
Possible Causes:
  • A/C or defrost on during self-test
  • A/CCS circuit short to voltage
  • Damaged A/C demand switch
  • Damaged WAC relay
Diagnostic Aids:
If the A/C or defrost was on during self-test, turn them off and rerun the self-test.
An A/C request to the PCM may come through the communication link or on a dedicated hardwire circuit from the A/C switch.​
Application
Key On Engine Off
Key On Engine Running
Continuous Memory
All​
GO to KM7 .​
GO to KM7 .​
-​

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only one we can't figure out how to cycle is the od but for dealership said $85/h for them to look at it. I'm thinking about checking all the control modules.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey sorry for the late response but been getting all the hours in at work that I can right now. But we figured it out. Basically the fuse box under the hood when movers or lifted up will completely kill the power to the truck. So we're going to fix that asap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts