Ford Forums banner

2017 F150 3.5EB

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bajarider 
#1 ·
I recently changed my front brakes on my 2017 F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost. Before I changed them all I had was slight squealing from the wear indicators. I replaced rotors, pads, and calipers as they appeared to be leaking. Pad orientation is correct, rotors are fine, calipers are fine now. My question is, why is my front end shaking violently when I brake?
Note: I've also checked my control arms, ball joints, and tie rods and everything is fine. I've also got 4 brand new tires with an alignment.
Any help is appreciated, I'm at a loss and really don't want to take the truck to ford to let them raid my wallet

#4 ·
In addition to checking runout (with a dial indicator) with the rotors mounted and TORQUED, remove the rotors and check for debris or rust on the hub. A vey small amount of anything foreign between the rotor and hub results in a lot of runout at the rotor surface. Clean the rotor and hub surfaces carefully and recheck. Use a Magic Marker to index the rotor, and check in different positions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.