Ford Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, where is the expansion valve located? Pics or diagrams would be great. But a description is also welcome.

This AC is killing me. I bought this car knowing that the AC was an issue but I had no idea. When I put the gauges on it (1234yf) it was already in a vacuum. I put my pump on it for good measure for 30 minutes just because. After that I added some oil which was just enough to get the clutch to kick in. The system sucked in 1 and half 8oz cans. After that it would not take anymore, and the PSI on both the high and low sides were the same. So I replaced the compressor, and I got the same results. A guy I know that works on big building AC units suggested that I change the expansion valve. I'm getting ready to order it but I don't know where it is located.
If this doesn't work you all will hear me screaming in defeat as I take the car to the shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also my compressor is on, the clutch is engaged. But the pressure on both gauges read around 110 to 130 depending on how hot it is outside and under the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts