Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a clicking noise coming from both front driver/passenger wheel area when turning the wheels completely from one side to the other. This occurs while completely stopped or while driving and turning.

VIDEO

The car has been at the dealer 2 times for this and they have been unable to find the culprit, even though I think it's the CV. Anyone experience this or heard of this?

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
I can see it on Tapatalk. Its hard to say what it is since its random and doesnt seem to correspond with rpms. My only advice is to look all around that area from all angles to try and pinpoint the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see it on Tapatalk. Its hard to say what it is since its random and doesnt seem to correspond with rpms. My only advice is to look all around that area from all angles to try and pinpoint the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picking up the car today and will try to find it on my own. I just tested a 2015 fusion and it has the same noise. I cant believe the dealer couldn't find it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What you will have to do is road test car with a technician and let him hear the noise you are complaining about .
Road tested with technician, service manager, shop foreman....all 3 stood by my wheel outside the vehicle on drivers side and heard it and then had it in the shop 3 days now and they told me they can't find what it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
3 Participants
ForFoxSake
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing