Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after my warranty ran out my front driver/passenger cup holders broke loose and fell to the inside of the console. The piece is not a one piece unit and the bottoms fell right to the bottom! Anyone else have this problem? What did you do short of taking to Ford? I'm so disgusted that I spent this kind of money and THIS happens. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am at Ford NOW for same issue in my 2019 expedition and they claim they have never seen that before.. What did you do and did u have it fixed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right after my warranty ran out my front driver/passenger cup holders broke loose and fell to the inside of the console. The piece is not a one piece unit and the bottoms fell right to the bottom! Anyone else have this problem? What did you do short of taking to Ford? I'm so disgusted that I spent this kind of money and THIS happens. Any suggestions?
Did you ever get this fixed? Just happened to my expedition too, a couple hundred miles out of warranty as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you have this fixed? this happened to me yesterday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband and I were able to lift the entire console/trim piece and repaired the cup holder ourselves. It’s a ridiculous design, basically just held together with a rubberband to keep the tension on it. I wish I would have videotaped or photographed it to be able to offer more help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband and I were able to lift the entire console/trim piece and repaired the cup holder ourselves. It’s a ridiculous design, basically just held together with a rubberband to keep the tension on it. I wish I would have videotaped or photographed it to be able to offer more help!
we finally got it! the tip with the rubberband helped because i was so confused on where it even came from lol
thank you so much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just happened to my 2018...it’s such a dumb design...what was Ford thinking??

·
Registered
2 Posts

I just had the same thing happen to my 2018. Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this happen tonight, luckily it’s still under warranty. I thought I had it put back together after trying to figure out the rubber band for an hour. I put it back together, gave it a little push and the whole thing fell through again.
As far as how to reach it, the console cover literally just pops off. Grab the console on the cup holder side and pop straight up from the back. Just a nice firm tug, once that’s up there are two clips on the front basically under the dash. Those I had to wiggle a little bit but pull straight back and the console will be free. There are a few wiring harnesses that you need to unclip in order to work on the underneath.
After seeing the design I was blown away at how cheap it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts