Ford Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to have My Cam Phaser replaced @26000 miles Now my truck has been back several times for Check engine lights coming on oil leaks and most important I now have antifreeze in my oil pam. Dealer has no clue what is going on other then I have a leak. As of this email still at dealer. My concern is I have been driving my truck with antifreeze in my oil I am worried of internal damage Need Help I have contact ford but they will not help me Ford tried to have me take it to 2 other dealers but they refused to fix another dealers mess what can I do

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
Are these dealers telling you why they don’t want to touch it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been dealing with ford directly. The person at ford asked me if there was other dealers near by me that i could take it to . I gave her two dealers and when she called them and explained what was going on both dealerships told her that they would not get involved with another dealers problem So now i am stuck with dealing with the same dealer. Ford is involved but they just do not seem to care. This is making me sick to my stomach

·
Super Moderator
22,769 Posts
This is what Ford told me that they refused to fix another dealers mess and Would not work on my truck
I totally understand the other dealerships reason for taking this action and know the good reasons why they have done so .I have done the same over the years with different dealerships and without going into the ins and outs of warranty work , they are totally justified in doing this . Saying that , it does not help you . If the dealership are incapable of resolving this ( rather strange ) , Ford must intervene and do what is needed to get this sorted out . You must keep at them .

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After this dealer caused all my problems with my engine I tried to make another appointment to take my truck back in for service. Al Packer Ford in Whitemarsh MD told me that they could not help me anymore. I would stay away from that dealer

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
As suggested earlier deal with Ford directly not the dealer. With enough persistence they will do something for you.

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
You’re probably right. If I had to guess it’s probably the blown head gasket.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have tried to go back to the dealer that did the work. I have had it back 5 times. Since I had my lawyer file a claim with ford the dealer is refusing to work on it anymore I never had any issues with my engine until they replaced the came phaser.

·
Super Moderator
22,769 Posts
" Since I had my lawyer file a claim with ford the dealer is refusing to work on it anymore " Standard practice , I would do the same . Now I know you have filed a claim against Ford , I will refrain from commenting further on this matter or answering " Ford told me that dealer's are independent and can refuse to work on any car and Ford can not make them work on it "

·
Registered
13 Posts
They probably messed up the seal where the oil filter housing connects to the block. You have a water jacket the runs thru that housing and with a phaser job if they pulled the front cover it’s possible they messed up the seal. The only other place to mix the water and oil would be in a head gasket.. I would find me a Ford Rep to talk to also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2) Ford 3.5 Oil Dilution Problems

We’ll be a little quicker on this section. Ford 3.5 V6 Cyclone oil dilution issues really stem from the above water pump failure. Due to the water pump location, a severe failure may cause the coolant to mix with engine oil. It’s a lot less common as the water pumps usually fail and leak from the weep hole. However, there are enough cases of oil and coolant mixing that it’s worth the mention.

Obviously, coolant mixing with engine oil is not a good situation. It affects the oils ability to effectively lubricate the internal parts of the 3.5L Duratec engine. If this goes unnoticed for too long it may cause catastrophic engine problems. Again, it’s a lot less common than most water pump leaks. However, it’s an important issue to be on the lookout for. We believe there may be a few lawsuits floating around due to the 3.5 Cyclone water pump issues that cause oil dilution.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts