Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says once i fuel it cranks but struggles to start, after about 7-10 attempts barely starts up then rough idles. i scheduled to have it taken in but had to schedule out a while. for the first time it almost wouldnt start at all but after hanging out at a sketchy gas station for 30 minutes it eventually started. Just wondering if this is a defective part (as my car has been driven less than 2 years). Also when i first got the car like clockwork every time i hit exactly 35 mph there was a banging on the gas peddle and it sounded like i ran over a stick, i brought my car to the dealership to have them look at it and at first they said they didn't notice anything, i took them for a drive in it and pointed it out and they said this "wasn't a feature" (lmao) but would not cause any issues. Just seeing if any other 2018 fiesta owners have had these problems. also i've recieved multiple letters in the mail from law firms wanting me to take them to court and offering me to not have to pay out of pocket at all.

·
Super Moderator
19,663 Posts
It would help if you said what engine in the Fiesta , gas , diesel , Ecotec . What engine size , what mileage , service history etc. Certain models and not only Ford , other car makes too , have a relatively simple fix for this problem which is often a common fault .

" i scheduled to have it taken in but had to schedule out " If you dont take the car in and give them the chance to diagnose / confirm any fault , you have no chance in getting it fixed .As for your banging on the gas pedal , you should have pursued this till it was resolved .

When I read this " i've recieved multiple letters in the mail from law firms wanting me to take them to court and offering me to not have to pay out of pocket at all. " I'm not getting involved in helping or advising you on this matter . How did they know about this with your car and to to contact you in the first place ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would help if you said what engine in the Fiesta , gas , diesel , Ecotec . What engine size , what mileage , service history etc. Certain models and not only Ford , other car makes too , have a relatively simple fix for this problem which is often a common fault .

" i scheduled to have it taken in but had to schedule out " If you dont take the car in and give them the chance to diagnose / confirm any fault , you have no chance in getting it fixed .As for your banging on the gas pedal , you should have pursued this till it was resolved .

When I read this " i've recieved multiple letters in the mail from law firms wanting me to take them to court and offering me to not have to pay out of pocket at all. " I'm not getting involved in helping or advising you on this matter . How did they know about this with your car and to to contact you in the first place ?
I just meant a few days, i just took it in today it was their earliest opening. they're charging me 430$ to change the vapor fuse. it's a 1.6L 4 cylinder gas engine.

·
Super Moderator
7,948 Posts
It's only 2 years old at best... should've been a warranty issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts